Nothing like Manual labor
[html]

table © Noelle
ooc:

The grey male had clearly seen him. Caillen watched as the other took a final swing to embed the axe in the fallen tree - That was a good sign, because it probably meant that he didn't intend on hacking the slate wolfdog up with it. Still anxious, because the male clearly outranked him in body muscle and age, the youth remained still at his dignified distance, showing his submissive but wary nature by allowing the other to approach him first. Once that had happened, and a greeting had been called, Caillen allowed himself to take a few more steps forward so as to be able to converse with the other without raising his voice.

The male offered a familiar French greeting. Caillen himself did not speak the elegant language, but his foster sister did, and he'd heard the words enough to recognize the stranger's 'hello'. Smiling hesitantly, the boy cleared his throat before replying. "And hello tae you, Mister!" His voice held that strange Gaelic accent so uncommon in this region, but it was friendly, if not still cautious. His ability to trust blindly in the kindness of strangers had been destroyed for a long while now.

"Just heading through on my way up tae other territories." Aware that he was not currently on pack lands (else surely the other male would have chased him off), Caillen held out his hand for a friendly handshake. "My name is Caillen Winters. Can I ask which pack you come from?" He could smell the presence of other wolves on the males fur, identifying him as a pack animal, but the scent was unlike any he had come across before.

<style type="text/css">
.Caillen_bird b {font-weight:bold; color:#92ca99; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #63b591; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Caillen_bird .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Caillen_bird p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Caillen_bird {margin:0px auto; width:346px; background-color:#1b2e4c; border:2px solid #1f2252; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bdb2a1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread