Daughter of Fortune
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: <3
wc: 300+

After Sylvie's soft reprisal, the pair sat in silence for a while.

Alaine's emerald eyes gazed out at the sunlight, the food forgotten on it's wooden plate on her lap. Emerald eyes seemed to search the dazzling brightness for something - A face, maybe. A memory. Deep shadows swam through the lucid jade depths. But she felt it still, the warmth playing across her face, the soft fingers of a breeze that brought with it sweet scents of life. And she felt the strength to continue.

"He was my world. I think I see, now... That was not a good thing." A mild smile curved about maw, the woman seemingly overcome with a coma of peace as the bad news fell from her tongue and bled out into the air, an invisible poison to the beautiful girl sitting beside her. "I had nothing left here for me but my job. My job, and... Daisuke." And the smile grew slightly, a flicker of true happiness coloring emerald depths for an instant - Transforming her, for a heartbeat, back into the beautiful maiden she had been. Her golden knight had come, and saved her from herself. She loved him for that, more than she'd loved any other male apart from her son. But the relationship they had was difficult to explain; They were not mates, and though the sex had been consensual, there had been no obligations.

Until she'd fallen pregnant, that is.

And suddenly there it was, that wrenching heartache, that horrible pain that shattered her mind. And even as the smile faded from her maw, tears had begun to roll down the woman's cheeks - Little diamond beads, unnoticed to blinded emerald eyes. "I was pregnant, Sylvie," Her voice was just a whisper now, just a whisper, "I thought I would be happy again."

Words went unsaid. Alaine's inability to nurse the unborns through all the phases of their impregnable infancy was obvious. She was barren still, and the old wounds had been torn open afresh. That time spent deluding herself with the promise of a new family, new children to heal the scars that her old children had left. It had been a selfish desire, perhaps, but Alaine had given the idea, the dream, her entire heart. With the speed which they had started, her tears suddenly stopped. She was dried up. She had nothing more to give to the pain.

Slowly, the woman leaned on her daughter's arm. Her body was trembling.

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread