I'm just a stranger in a strange land.
[html]
Sorry about the wait... I wasn't quite sure what to reply. @_@

For some reason or another, Jefferson believed the stranger's admission to innocence; while the cyclops was allowed to remain somewhat edgy about his presence—he was, after all, still an outsider inside Valley land—the brute sensed honesty in the salt-and-pepper man's voice. The gimp's nose twitched; the scent about the man and his horse was an unusual, yet familiar one. Dahlia de Mai, though only a remnant of a scent, as well as a vaguely identifying bloodline. "You smell like a D'Angelo," Jefferson said, though the statement was entirely a stretch and a guess. He'd only known a few D'Angelos in his life, his daughter being one of them—and from his experience, they were not the kindest of families.

"We have sheep," the cyclops sighed, "but it's hell to shear them with only one hand and no equipment. One of my members could probably figure it out." The brute often forgot that their livestock had a purpose other than feeding and looking pretty. It wasn't too often that the horses were taken out for riding, and he himself had never attempted to shear the sheep. The cows produced milk they couldn't do much about, and not once had the Patriarch ever considered actually eating the pigs. Strangely enough, every animal that lived in the barn was almost like a pet to the dumb leader. "Why the forest, anyway?" the brute said, referring back to past conversation. He had smelled Dahlia, after all, and as he had not yet met his half-nephew Conor, the Patriarch wondered how the boy was doing in Haku's stead.

<style>
.jefocean p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefocean b {color:#6189a6; font-size:12px;}
.jefocean {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#adc2d0; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2e4251; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:500px; background-color:#D8E2E9; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ftable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:155px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread