a little bit funny
[html]
ooc;; <3

Saul gave a soft chuckle as he glanced back and saw Range's confused expression. His fancy footwork in the snow had confused the boy and he had been unable to keep up his noisy game. Just as Saul had intended. A grin slipped over his lips and he stopped to let Range catch up with him. The young boy was growing quickly, as all kids did when they were exposed to fresh air. Cooped up in their daddies room for most of their short lives was no way to live and Saul was certain that both he and his sister were going to benefit from the freedom they had in Dahlia. Although they were not bilogoically his and from their last name Saul deduced they were in some way related to Conor, the young man felt a certain protectiveness of the boy and what he got up to. His cute little voice broke the silence and Saul pretended to consider all the places they could go.

"Wellll, I dont know about that! Who says you're coming with me?"

He teased, wondering how Range would take the joke. The previous day Maggie had been confused when Saul had told her that the frogs were hiding from her. Saul had known full well that there were no frogs around but he didnt want to be harsh on the young girl. So the euphamism had been in her best interests, but she hadnt quite understood it. Maybe the Soul boy would get that his uncle was teasing him. Stretching out his back for a moment, green eyes grazed over the light gold of his nephew's fur. The beach would be wonderful, even if it wasnt sunny and warm like the other times Saul had visited.

"What about the beach? But we had to be careful going through the woods- last time your Daddy and I got chased by a monster!"

He exclaimed, unsure whether Gideon had told his children this particular story. He smiled and went to move once more on the assumption that Range would follow him as he had done before. He was sure the bear was hibernating now, else he would not have taken his nephew through the woods. But there was no harm in winding the poor boy up, was there?

word count;; 382

"speech"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread