quest for knowledge
[html]

ooc: sorry for the wait!! also, i have no idea what this book should be... xD

Skye smiled in reference to Saul's mention of the closeness of her own pack and his. It was true that they weren't too far away at all; in fact, they were only about forty-five minute's away from each other, on foot. She was sure she'd be able to travel quite fast between the two packs on horseback. It would be easy to teach Saul to read under those conditions.

"Thank you so much Skye... I would be lost without you right now..."

Skye grinned and scooted next to Saul to look at the book he was trying to read. It seemed very difficult; the words were tiny and scrunched together as well as faded and torn in some parts. She shook her head. "This book isn't a very good one to start to learn to read," she said, taking it in her hands and shelving it. She scanned the books until she found a thinner one and took it out. It had a picture of a horse on it with a human on the front. Shrugging and knowing that there were plenty of books like this, she opened it up.

"This seems like a good place to start," she said, and began to read, pointing out the letters and words to Saul and explaining the concept of written language.

<style>
.sunskye p {padding:5px 5px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sunskye b {color:#431200; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread