Battle of the Weeds
[html]

I'm sorry for the delay!!

Skye paused for a moment as Orin mentioned that 'plants eat other plants'. Looking down at the rotting peels, she supposed that's what they did. She shrugged and continued to place the peels all over the garden, happy when Orin asked if she could help. Skye stared at the peels. They looked and felt gross, but the rewards were very good, especially after the cold winter hit. She couldn't be too sure with plants; they varied greatly, and some didn't grow as well as others, even if it was the same species. Plants were like individuals; although Skye and Shaw were both wolves, Shaw was much leaner and taller than Skye, and was much stronger too. Skye had other qualities. Both were different, just like plants.

“I’ve never gardened myself, but I have seen pictures and paintings of some beautiful gardens." the other wolf said, apparently forgetting her urge to help. "Oh, yes, storybook gardens are very beautiful. I once read a book about a secret garden - it was surrounded by a large hedge, and you could only get through with a magic key," she said, remembering the day she'd read that book fondly. The illustrations had been absolutely stunning, and Skye liked the idea very much.

“So do you eat these? Or just use them to grow more? You know, some of these berries would be perfect for dyes!”

Skye stopped. She was right; Skye had never thought of that. "You're right, Orin!" she exclaimed, happy at the new idea. "I've never thought of that before. We'll have to tell Ouija and Bangle!"

<style>
.flowerskye p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.flowerskye b {color:#1F356B; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.flowerskye-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 5px; padding:2px; width:300px; height:290px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.6; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #1944D2;}
.flowerskye {width:514px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5311/flowersk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#1F356B; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #B1CCED; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8CBBFC; min-height:320px;}
.flowerskye-border {width:516px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread