Tis the Season
[html]
Hehehe, only until you realize how hopeless Dawali is Tongue

She had gotten up, but changed her mind and sat again as their conversation started off, and Dawali put down his things on the ground next ot the fire when she invited him to sit. More firewood; when winter came fully, firewood would be scarcer, and less easy to collect. It was best to take what one could now and store it safe than to exert yourself to the extreme in order to secure it in unfriendly weather. The pile rested nicely out of the way and he sat, chuckling slightly at her comment on their last meeting. "Well, I'm just glad I didn't startle you as much this time!" He winked at her, remembering very well her startled face when he encountered her here last time. It had felt like he had been invading some personal sphere, and nothing like this conversation, which only seemed natural. Truth be told, Dawali had rarely spoken with her on her own since she joined, but she seemed like someone he could be friends with. He could always trust Nayati to have good judgement of people. "I did see the covers, and wondered who had made them. You know weaving, then? My mother taught me as a young pup, and I've made lots of them for winter. Let me know if you want anything like that," he offered, "and I'll gladly bring some over for you." Winter could be harsh enough with blankets. That thought reminded him to bring some to the stables, as well. Some of the horses were getting old.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread