i will not doubt you
[html]
You're fine. Smile WC:379
[/html]
[html]

“I don’t know how soon the snow will come,” spoke the boy. Kesho ignored this bit. “, but that can come off in a few days. The wound should close by then.”

His face broke slightly into relief. Thank god, Kesho thought, scowling at the fabric covering his leg. He might be able to last that long without ripping it off himself, though it would be a close call. Still, his instincts protested as his leg twitched and flailed stiffly, awkwardly, unused to such wrappings so tight against its skin. Kesho shifted uncomfortably, trying to change positions so that his leg might remain still--after all, he didn't want to appear to be a fool--; though this proved to be of little help.

“Enkiel Lykoi," announced the young jackal.

So the boy was a Lykoi. Why am I not surprised? he thought with a smirk, recognition shifting across his face. This one was odd, though-- unlike the other Lykoi Kesho had the pleasure of meeting. Enkiel's presence alone was enoough to make most uneasy, but Kesho simply blamed his heritage and left it alone. After all, his family was quite large, and certainly abundant with interesting characters. Kaena, of course, was included, although to him, she was in a category of her own. The first Lykoi. In Kesho's memory, at least.

"Kesho." he stated simply, not bothering to mention his surname.

Enkiel's movements were almost mechanical, and the way that he studied Kesho's ever move was much like a cat stalking prey; though Kesho did not feel threatened. Although the boy seemed quite devoid of expression, Kesho wondered briefly what sorts of royal traits and surprises lay behind that mask. Enkiel was still young, after all. Surely he was not completely rid of his childhood.

“How badly are you hurting?” asked the Lykoi boy.

At the mention of pain, Kesho rolled his shoulders, expression unchanged. "I'm used to pain... he replied. Of course the leg hurt, but he did wonder what sorts of tinctures and tonics the boy carried in his bag. For now, Kesho was resigned to tolerate the ache, as he always had.

<style type="text/css">
.kesho {width:400px; background-image:url('http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6669/keshotop.png'); background-position:top center; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-repeat:no-repeat; -moz-border-radius: 1em; border-radius: 1em;}
.kesho2 {padding:250px 10px 15px 15px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#787878; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.kesho b {color:#8F0000; font-family:georgia;}
.kesho p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread