Light up the night
[html]

Much sorry for my lack of presence 'round these parts - time and circumstance are not my friends lately. I will make it up when I can; in the meantime I have to assume Ascher has reunited with Shiloh despite my deplorable inability to make that happen. ._.' 549 words

Ascher yawned mightily. The days of winter had been mingling together for a little while now, and coupled with the fact that he had just completed an exploration of the old stone city to the south - someone, sometime had said its name was Halifax - which had occupied yesterday afternoon and this morning. Having spent his time alone had not been altogether uncomfortable for the wolf, but he had missed his family dearly. Still, the old city had enlivened Ascher's curiosity as to what he could learn from it all, and perhaps another visit soon would start revealing more. He would ask around if anyone wanted to accompany him, too.

Padding along in his original form, Ascher smelled woodsmoke nearby. Someone must have something festive being planned for the evening, and Ascher felt sociable despite his weariness. He looked at himself - a little disheveled, but otherwise nothing was dirty or out of place on him. All that remained was to assume his more adult posture and stroll through Wolfville until he found the source of the hopefully comforting fire. Ascher was glad that his shifting between forms was hastening with each effort. His body easily adapted to the two legged walk now and he could not be more comfortable as a biped.

Oddly enough, each step towards Conor's and Bris's house - and Eclipse now, too Ascher thought with a smile - hinted that someone there was putting on the show. Ascher tilted his head in thought as he considered who would be going through that kind of effort right now. He sighed softly as his considerations drew up many wolves that had reason to be happy. Closing the last distance that prevented the Stormbringer from seeing his home, Ascher was not surprised to see his siblings gathered around a fire while a feast seemed to gather around them. He barked both a laugh and a greeting as he ran the gap between him and his loved ones. Ascher followed his greeting with more, ”Hey everyone! I missed you all yesterday, and it's so good to see you here tonight. What's the occasion?”

Ascher looked to each of his siblings in turn, noting how mature Gideon seemed, with the firelight reflecting off of his dark pelt and his blue eyes. A fire this warm and inviting had to be his doing, and Ascher was doubly grateful for the heat in contrast to the rest of the night. Saul looked his normal, tired self, yet there was a contented happiness holding him up more firmly right now. He had every right to be so happy - so far as Ascher thought, there was no one as adventurous and active as his brother. Which only served to highlight Shiloh. Her pristine pelt was most accentuated by the coat she had procured from wherever she had found it. To that his sister had added a lily in her ear, and she wore everything as proudly as if she owned all the world and had merely invited everyone else to share in her good fortunes. Ascher loved that in his sister - how she had been missed.

"I trust everyone has had a great day, right?" Ascher smiled his broadest smile - he could not help but be ecstatic right now.

[/html]

~ Table by James ~

Messages In This Thread