Frost Bitten toes, and frost nipped ears.
[html]
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb17 ... uemoon.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Table © Alaine
OOC: I'm sensing this will be a feel-good thread all around. XD
Wc: 759

Holding her oldest son couldn't be described as wonderful. Or anything less, for that matter. There were no words to fully describe Ghita's emotions, having her son safe and at home at last, in her arms once more. Aro was now taller than she was, but Ghita had been expecting that - her build was smaller than the average wolf's but Jazper's was much, much larger, and it was clear who's stature Aro had inherited. All the same, Italian was a romance language - the one of passion and emotion, and how fitting it was now, to hear that same language resurface at such a key point in their lives. True, Ghita had been the one to insist that they learn Italian, but for the same reasons that all of the Marinos (save for Ehno) insisted that their children learn Italian in Crimson Dreams - to keep their culture and their family alive.

Being lifted into the air came as a shock to her, but surprise was only the soundtrack playing in the background to her joy and gratitude. Rolling her eyes at him, the mother gave her son an affectionate nuzzle, quick and to the point. "Psh. Don't say such things!" She joked, glad that he knew enough to tease her about how she missed him. Breaking away from the embrace, Ghita took her own moment to absorb her son's appearance in it's entirety, noticing his increased height and stronger muscles. "They're a handful, but no more than you were at that age." Ghita laughed, letting the bell-like sounds chime around them. "Besides, the last time you saw me I was much heavier." All the same, her new weight was less than she'd weighed before the pups came - even before her injury. But then again, most of the food she ate went straight to milk for her pups, unsurprisingly. "You've changed too. Much taller, stronger... You're turning into a fine man, just like your father." Grinning with a quiet pride in her heart, Aro almost looked like a younger Jazper, save for the white on his pelt and lack of tattoos. The hair was different as well, but the base was there - her baby boy had become a brilliant man in his time away.

Leading her son around the room, she took a few steps towards the bed before pointing her youth out. "They're asleep right now - just on those pelts, there." Of course, when Aro and Sophia had been born, neither of them wanted to sleep at the same time, but Ghita had learned from that experience and made sure to tucker each and every pup out before naptime approached. "Tony's the brown-ish black one, Lorenzo is the timberwolf, and Fia is your white sister." She whispered, afraid of waking the children who'd just fallen asleep. At the mention of his name, Tony lifted a healthy rump in the air as he turned over, flopping down on a pelt not half an inch from Fia's paw. "They'll be fully weaned in a few days - we're trying to be very gradual so they're not shocked."

Unable to keep from breaking into a large smile at Aro's news, she hugged her son once more, innards trembling with relief. "That's such good news, Aro!" She said, before biting her lip. "You know what I mean. I'm so proud to have you finding your place in the world, but I'm much happier to have you home." Squeezing his hand gently, she let out a sigh, wondering just what new adventures he'd have to tell her about. What had his eyes seen on his adventures? Hopefully nothing but peace and pleasantries, but that wasn't always how the world worked.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed farthest away from her slumbering children, she patted the space next to her, indicating that Aro was to join her. "So, my boy. What of the world did you see out there? I can't wait to hear all about your adventures." She envied him, in a weird way, being able to get up and explore the world on a whim. Ghita herself was rarely happier than when she was traveling, experiencing new things and seeing something new every day, constantly on the move. But at the same time, her place was Crimson Dreams - with her sister, brother, mate, and children - and she would never think of giving that up for a second to be able to travel extensively again. "I'm sure you have quite the stories to tell!"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread