A familiar face, a familiar place
[html]Skoll was broken from his reverie by stern words and a stern look from a wolf he had never seen before. Looking up to her, he quickly averted his eyes. These weren't his lands, and despite the fondness he held for them, they never had been. He could consider the border his own once, but in truth, it had always been Adreon's, or Gibraltar's. Here he was, now a stranger at what he had once considered his own doorstep...he could understand her suspicion of him. The fact was, he looked like more trouble than most of the people he fought against. He had wondered several times if in fact he wasn't more trouble and more dangerous than they were. His most recent experienced suggested that this was the case, but at the same time his heart could not accept this. He had always tried to fight with honor, and he had always fought to defend or to avenge. Surely there had to be something to be said for that?

"My apologies ma'am, of course you are correct. Forgive my short-sightedness...I fight for a living, and sometimes my cautiousness impedes my manners. I did not mean to come so close to your border so outfitted." He took several steps back, lifted the sack from his body, and laid it down against a tree. With that, he began to reverse his shift, opting to be as small as he could before this new leader of Storm. He didn't think she was the alpha, but by her posture he assumed she was of some status in Storm. As his body began to shrink, his bones cracking and muscles slithering into new arrangements, he wondered who exactly this was? He had never seen her before, though her smell wasn't necessarily unfamiliar. It was a scent he'd picked up somewhere before, maybe from Inferni's new acquired territory? No...he couldn't tell, and that was a big jump to make. He'd do better to learn from her directly at some point, if he was interested. If he ever saw her again, that was a big variable, as well.

"There isn't much I can do to fix the scarring," he said apologetically. "This is about as unsuspicious as an old beat up wolf like me can manage. Still...it troubles me to hear of the child. Whose was it?" It occured to him that he had forgotten something very crucial, and that he needed to go through necessary channels to be courteous to this wolf. "Forgive me, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Skoll. I lived here for a time, but that was a while ago."[/html]

Messages In This Thread