Light up the night
[html]
ooc;; <333

The heat of the fire hit him in the face and Saul was rebuffed for a moment. It was a pleasent heat once he got over the initial intensity and once his fur had warmed to the right temperature he stepped forward to hold his hands out into the heat, certain he wasnt going to burn. Gideon seemed to have a knack of creating good healthy fires and this one did not disappoint. Saul smiled as his sister nuzzled him back after his short kiss on her cheek. He was glad to have his sister back, even if her unnatural obsession with being clean reminding him forcefully of his morning routine. It appeared the Stormbringers may have developed obsessive personalities- at least in his and his sisters case. Cinnamon ears flicked back as Gideon addressed his earlier comment and Saul grinned at him.

"You must have been hunting for weeks to get this together... Well done!"

The eldest Stormbringer praised, a smile on his face. He was proud of his brothers and sister and it could not be more obvious as right now. They had had a traumatic start in life- Gideon getting semi-mauled by their grandmother and their own mother being murdered on the same occasion. They had been separated and split each way and yet they had still managed to return and find each other. And what was more- none of them were messed in the head or inherently evil, despite their rocky start to life. And for that the young male was proud. Thoughts were distracted another voice came to him. Head whipped around to see Ascher coming towards them. Both his brother and sister spoke before him and Saul was happy to stay silent for a moment.

"Its nice to see you Asch"

Saul interjected quietly when Gideon and Shiloh had calmed down. Green eyes watched as Gideon picked up a few lumps of raw meat. He was about to take them from his brother and skewer them when Shiloh picked up a stick and did it instead. He was feeling just a little inadequate at this point but he kept the smile on his lips. He was thinking hard about the presents Gideon said he had for them. If he had practised more of the wood carving Shawchert had taught him, he would perhaps of made his siblings a present too. But he wasnt skilled enough and didnt want to give them unfinished presents.

"I would have presents for you all, if I was any good at making them! Im getting there, so bear with me!"

He said, once again quiet and calm. He was the eldest yet his brothers and sisters seemed to be growing up all around him. He was meant to take care of them, not the other way round. Saul hadnt quite figured out that it wasnt his job to molly coddle them anymore- he was still under the impression that he had to be there all the time for them. Maybe he would get it one day, but right now he was feeling a little lost. Ascher asked what they had been up to that day and Saul had an answer for this one.

"I was out near the spring, clearing an area where I hope to build a cabin soon. Home is beginning to feel a little crowded for me... What about you? I havent seen you about lately!"

He asked with a glance back towards the cooking meat. He wondered who else was actually going to turn up, but pushed it from his mind. It didnt matter who turned up, in all honesty. He was here with his family and that was all that mattered.

word count;; 617

"speech" "speech"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread