An old dog, with new tricks
Anya shifted slightly as the alpha addressed her. "I beg pardon, sir. However, the den is not on the packlands, and we are preparing to move on in the morning light." Certainly she felt ashamed that they had stayed so long here. It now seemed apparent that she would no longer fit in among her past friends, much as she would like to. "When we leave, the den will be filled in and you shall not be able to tell anyone was there."

She turned to Rendall, seeing the sadness in her eyes. Anya wished she could take that sadness away, since she realized that she was the cause of it, but Anya no longer knew how to talk with Rendall, how to bare her soul the way she had before. "Aro is well, and sound asleep. I think I've tired him out these last couple of days showing him around. We'll most likely leave in the morning, and head south. But I will be sure to come back occasionally and visit everyone here." Anya faced Ty, seeing in her mind's eye the male she had fallen for long ago, but had never told him how she felt.

"I beg pardon, Ty, but I should probably go wake my companion and prepare for our travels. It was good to see you again..." Here she faced all three wolves. "I hope to see you all again soon. Happy yule, companions."

With that, she turned sadly from her former home, and headed once again into an unforgiving world.

Messages In This Thread