A familiar face, a familiar place
OOC: I apologize for the length, I didn't mean for it to come out this long.

IC: Skoll's eyes widened fractionally. That was a lot to take in all at once, and for a moment he was silent. This was the alpha of Syemv. No, this had been the alpha of Syemv. That meant that Syemv had dissolved. He wondered if any of his friends had decided to stay here after that, if they had joined other packs, or simply gone away...Fenrir forbid any of them going after Inferni alone. He had told one or two of them that he wanted to start a resistance of some sort, but he had grown wiser since then, and knew that no such effort could really succeed unless it was headed by a leader who they trusted and who had been directly involved in the first place. This was the leader that he had been indirectly disappointed in...but was it right to be disappointed in her when he had never even gone to the trouble to learn her name? That was history now, though, and he would have to either let it pass, or let it drive him insane. They had their reasons...he had friends from Syemv who he knew would not forsake their values...if Inferni's actions against them had gone unrevenged, he would just have to assume that there was a reason they could not be. It was easy--convenient--to blame their leader, the wolf before him...but that didn't mean the blame was rightly placed. Inferni was not an easy target, and no doubt was more suited to battle than Syemv had been. Politics as they were...it was entirely possible that this wolf had been left out to dry the very same way he had...by people who didn't want to mess up their political standing. She had gotten that scar somehow, after all, it was likely in a fight with the canines who had taken her territory.

Considering all that, he would withold judgment(for all his judgment was worth) until he knew her, if he got to know her. The second piece of news was just as jarring: Phoenix was alpha now?! What had happened to Gibraltar? He couldn't see that wolf giving up power, not after some of the ways he'd abused it, in the bronze wolf's eyes. Something must have happened. Still, Phoenix was the leader now...it made sense, he had been second in command when Skoll had been exiled. It followed that he'd be next in line...and he was a father! What a surprise that was, and Iskata was his mate. A more dire piece of news came with all of that, though. Though the wolf had hit a strange string of luck after Skoll had departed, one of his children was missing. It was while his mind was racing, digesting all of this, that Phasma addressed him directly.

"My, that's a lot to take in all at once," he said, eyes still open a bit wider than before. "I'm sorry to hear about that...in light of a missing pup, all of Phoenix's other successes don't matter a bit. I am aggrieved." He organized his thoughts, seeking for the best way to sum everything up to the new Gamma of Storm. "I was exiled by the previous alpha, Gibraltar, for getting into a fight with some Inferni coyotes. I tried to save a little girl, Iskata's daughter, to hear it told, from an adult coyote. His older brother and two kids showed up to join the fray. When it was all said and done, the young'uns got hurt, and the coyotes blamed me, instead of the older brothers who I would guess had been charged with watching over them. They complained to Gibraltar, saying I'd come across their border and attacked their children, and when I didn't accept his allegations kindly, he insisted I pack my things and leave." That about summed it up, he guessed.

"As for today, I'm back from a minor quest, and I figured I'd just pass on through Bleeding Souls and see what friends I could along the way. There were Storm wolves who didn't agree with Gibraltar's decision, and I've had people come out to visit me on the border before. I was just noticing that Gibraltar's scent no longer marked Storm's edges when you found me lingering at the border. I apologize for my lack of tact...looking the way I did and shifted and all, I wasn't thinking."

Messages In This Thread