junkhead
[html]

300+

His awkward tendencies during their previous meeting shamed him, and he worried that she would only converse with him out of familial obligation, but she seemed genuinely pleased to have his company again. He was relieved to see the warm smile that bloomed across her lips. Fully relaxed, the snowy wolf sat down, his tail curling around his back paw for warmth. When she first offered the rabbit to him, he immediately began to shake his head, but stopped when she gave reasoning for sharing with him. While he hated to take food from a mother, knowing well the demands of infant bellies, he could not reject such a kind offer.

I guess... I'll have to accept, then, he said with a chuckle that escalated as she humorously pushed the rabbit right between his paws. He remained tentative, however, taking a modest chunk out of the rabbit's ample thigh. Rabbit was not usually one of his favorites, but today the dense felsh tasted very good. His small ears flicked upright and tilted forward to catch the woman's words as she spoke of her most recent litter. Her comment made him emit a laugh that was rather strange sounding, because of his full mouth. He knew exactly her meaning, remembering the tiring moments of caring for young pups. She and Jazper seemed to be very competant, loving parents, and he was elated that the couple had made it so far. While he was sure they had their own ideas about raising pups, the basics were the same. Kansas swallowed his mouthful of tasty meat and licked his bloodied muzzle.

It was... difficult, he said with a grin, but Savina and I kinda had a... a schedule , and that made it easier. Took turns, were together with them when we could. His second litter was much different than the first, with Artemis' rambunctious antics posing challenges that neither he nor Savina had anticipated. Kansas found it fun, though, to make adjustments that would better suit the needs of his youngest puppies. The most amazing thing was to see them flourish, though he far from believed that his parenting was perfect. You and Jazper have something similar?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread