Everything changes, from memories to new faces
[html]

wc 495

Davyn found himself deeply wishing to know this lovely femme, more than any other wolf he had ever known before. He wanted to know the stories that swam in the amber depths of his eyes. He wanted to enlighten the curiosity that brightened them and show her the world from his point of view. She stood out to him, a rose in the glistening void of snow. The other wolves of Phoenix Valley intrigued him, but Davyn realized that Tala was different. Somehow, someway, though he could not physically see the differences (except for her striking eyes), Davyn knew that they existed.

Outside, the sun was beginning to set, and yet, Davyn never even thought to notice the changes, engrossed as he was in their conversations. Even the voices within his mind had fallen silent, to better hear the gentle rasp of her voice, to better study the delicate curl of her fingers wrapped up in her lap. His ear flicked back as she presented him with a title he reserved for his father, long gone. “Mister I am not, but thank you for the consideration.” He grinned to show her that he was not angry, hoping he had not offended her with his protest of the title.

Her eyes bore into his with such intensity, and yet Davyn could not force himself to draw his gaze away from hers for even a second. He found himself caught in a web of sorts, but he never wanted to escape the web, if the woman folded so delicately in front of him did not either. Davyn briefly thought of the Greek goddess Artemis, whose magical nets ensnared one and kept one from moving until she (the goddess) deemed one worthy of her imperial presence. He felt as if he were caught in such a net, perhaps cast by Aphrodite, with no desire to escape the tangled mess.

“Indeed, I do agree with your point, milady. Some views and memories are best recorded, so as not to forget them and the people in them. My mother always told me to record my childhood, in case anything ever happened to my family or my memory…” Here Davyn paused, eyes swimming with heartfelt sorrow. “I deeply regret not listening to her well meant advice. Now I have barely any recollection of her or the life she told me to remember…”

He though back to the much renowned artists of the human race. The only reason they were famous, he thought, was because they had thought to push the boundaries imposed by society, and make themselves blatantly known.

Davyn looked up at the wolfess, everything about her calling out to him. “Though you may deny it, Lady Tala, you have the heart and soul of someone who cares deeply for the arts, and I am more than glad to be in the presence of a lady such as yourself.” His eyes met hers, and theoretical sparks flew, leaving him breathless.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread