Manly sewing
[html]
300+
sorry for delay

Well, the leather was tempting. He could use it to accessorize or decorate his outfits in some new strange eclectic way. That and having a bunch of it to play with was not really something he could look his nose down on. He took a hand and ran it over the top of the pile, feeling the leather beneath his pads. It was good stuff, not that Strel knew any better. It really would be nice to take some to try out. But it was supposed to be useful and used properly, not for his butchering experiments.

So that was the secret behind knowing so much. Books and reading. And that was something Strel could not do to save his life. He knew his name at best and that had always been more than enough for him. Still, reading had been useful so far even if the redhead had no grasp on how to do it himself. Oh, it was far too late for him to learn; he was getting older and every knew, the older you were, the harder things got. Quite frankly, Strel had enough hard things in his life right now; he so did not need more. And what good would reading do for him in his line of work? Just put a name to the stitches, designs, and patterns he already did and had given his own names for them? Pointless. Really, pointless.

"Wow. That is impressive. I wonder, if you would give me some of this leather? I wouldn't say no to try it out on my own terms with my own needles." However, he knew he'd need to either find a way to loosen the leather and make it much softer, or find thicker, harder needles in Halifax to utilize. But that would require a trek to the city. "Speaking of needles, do you need anything in the city? I might go out there later and figure if you need something I could get you it." Killing two birds with one stone; being nice to other courtiers and finding more reason to get out in the cold.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread