Tracks in the snow
[html]

Sure! Maybe we could say they scavenged some books while they were in Halifax. Do you want a thread for Halifax or do you just want to end with them burying the meat and suggest the trip in the reading thread?

Nian listened attentively as J'adore spoke, taking in every word. By the time J'adore started talking about the contents, luckily, Nian had finished cutting up the contents, because he wanted to hear everything the other wolf said about them. Grinning, he put the meat into the bag J'adore provided. "I'd love to learn how to read... You're sure you don't mind teaching me? I mean, it sounds like it could be a lot of work."

After J'adore had secured the meat in the bag, Nian nodded at his words and started looking around. Wherever they buried the meat would have to be somewhere remote enough where the snow was deep, but close enough to the village so that scavengers would not come looking for the food and steal it while they were looking for the fridge. As he looked he mused out loud, "Why do you suppose they wrote so much down? Maybe they knew that they wouldn't be here now..." While the compulsion to immortalize your life on paper made sense intellectually to the dun-colored wolf, it made little sense to him from a practical viewpoint. Wolves and canines had always been around, even when the humans tried to eradicate them in the past. They were survivors above all else. So what is it that drives wolves to write? he wondered silently.

<style type="text/css">
.nian-b02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bd581b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nian-b02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nian-b02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nian-b02 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#dbae77; background-image:url(http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g37 ... blebg1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#772d06; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread