A Visit
[html]
OOC WC 589

Her ears twitched and she beamed with pride when Mars showed interest in her new pack. Cercatori was such a beautiful place, a beautiful conception, and any Lupcerci would be lucky to know about it, let alone visit or be a part of it. Her joy glowed in her eyes and in her smile as she looked up to Mars. Though before she could reply, Mars began to dismount. Orin sidestepped to give Mars enough room to descend, although she would not have needed to. She watched the Russo man slip from his perch on Vox’s back and heard the gentle click of his nails as he landed with steady feet. She took a step closer to the stallion and raised a dainty hand to Vox’s flank, tentatively petting the horse, though she still looked at Mars. Orin was tiny next to the bulky mount and the tall Russo man, and had to crane her neck to peer up into the face that towered more than a foot over her. Neither Mars nor Vox intimidated her, though. Sure, she would have been, were they hostile, but that wouldn’t happen. They were friends.

“They are the seekers of art,” she said, giving him the translation of the pack’s name. “They are a pack of artists dedicated to their craft. Our mission is to create and share our art, expand our knowledge and tutor others who would like our guidance. The pack is newly established but growing. There is another writer, even, too! Her name is Skye Collins, and she is one of our leaders. Shawchert, the alpha, is a musician. There is another man who colors his fur, like me, though a bit more wildly.” She giggled at the thought of Ouija. “I have not met everyone yet, but there are craftsmen, dancers, singers. You name it.”

The lilt in her voice attested to her respect and reverence for her new pack. She smiled fondly. She was thrilled to tell her friend about the place, but her usual over-the-top wildness had a strand of deep love weaved throughout it. Her short whiskers perked with her smile, and her tail swayed endlessly behind her, some long, pink filaments swiping the ground as it went.

“You should really come see it some time! You would like it there, I think. I took to the place at once. There’s a lot of unsettled land in the territory, and a beautiful old town that we call Thornbury. It’s pretty much like it sounds… It is rural and the forest has worked to reclaim it fast, which gives it a bit of romantic charm. Of course we’re clearing some of that away. Oh!” She squeaked, as though she suddenly remembered. “I have a bookstore! It’s all my own. I found it in Thornbury and Shaw has let me claim the books, and there’s an upper office that I’m turning into my bedroom. Come to think of it, I should turn the old back stock room into a guest room.” She grinned at the revelation. “Of course, I plan to share all the books with the pack.”

She barely took a breath before continuing. “And when I met Shawchert I talked to him about putting together a show. Something entertaining that we might be able to take to other packs. I would love to do a play! But at first it will probably be more of an art show.” Finally her voice trailed off as her imagination succumbed to dreams of what the show could be.

<style>
.orinflamingos p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.orinflamingos b {color:#E27196; font-size:12px;}
.orinflamingos {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7E93AC; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:480px; background-color:#E1E7EE; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #6D85A1; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /orin2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:230px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread