Come all ye young fellows that follow the sea
[html]

I love it! lol word count 443

Ren had gotten accustomed to starting her days out early in the vally. She always woken before daylight and after breakfast would set out and about looking for something to do, or someone to meet. Today though she woke up late, after sunrise. She stretched out her back and grumbled as her leg complained about being disturbed. Ren finally got up and set about her daily chores. She went to the attic to check her pest trap but found nothing in it. Those raccoons were getting smart. She scowled quietly and went back down to stoke up the fire and make some tea. After all was said and done she grabbed her cloak and decided to head out into the snow.

Today was somewhat colder then others. The breeze had picked up and she had troubles keeping her hood on. However frustrating it was she still had a duty to do. She began her scouting around the coast. Making sure noone had washed ashore. She continued her search until a strange song crossed her ears on the wind. It was a sea shanty that the old wolf had taught her when she sailed with her brother in the northern islands. She followed the voice on the wind until it stopped. She stopped and listened carefully. Her ears didn’t pick anything more. The wolfess closed her eyes and tried hard to listen again for the song. But nothing.

Finally the wind carried a strange and very unfamiliar scent to her nose. She opened her blue eyes wide and followed the scent carefully tracing it up the ridge and into the forest. Her paws carried her far towards this strange scent until finally she happened upon an even stranger scene. A creature that her eyes had never laid upon sat near a tree in a snowy grove below here. She slowly approached it. It smelled canine, but not of wolf or Luperci. It also looked closely to a wolf but it still looked wrong. Wrong markings and just well….wrong in general.

She looked at it strangly before she realized that she was being rude. “Um do forgive me. My name is Rendall, I reside here in Pheonix Vally with my pack. So uh….what brings a fella like you to this place.” She hoped that her senses where right in saying that this person was a male. She Really didn’t want to be rude but she wasn’t quite sure how to act. So instead she offered a friendly smile and a happy wag tail. She may not know who or what this was but it was someone new to meet and it made her slightly excited.

<style type="text/css">
.renrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#00C5CD; letter-spacing:1px; }
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread