Tales of old
[html]

Ramble XD; SoSuWriMo 455

Nayati was a patient man and had learned from a young age to be a good listener. It was rude to interrupt people and if someone had a story to tell, you should always listen to it. This was how he was with everyone, but there was a different dimension to listening to Liliana's stories. He really did wish to know about her past and he loved that she wanted to share these things with him. Before, especially after he had learned the sad truth about her parents, he hadn't wanted to pry into her past for fear of bringing bad memories to the surface that would only make her sad. The Utina had no desire to make her sad, even indirectly, and so he had kept any more questions about her life before AniWaya at bay. He thought that if she wanted to share with him, she would, and now she had. Now he knew even more about this woman that he cared so deeply for, and he liked that.

Sharing his own past with Liliana was equally rewarding. Really, he had only not shared before because he had never been asked. There was nothing dark or upsetting about his childhood, like there was her own. Really, he had been incredibly lucky in his life, even up to this moment. Sure, there was always bumps in the road and everyone faltered now and again, but he had never experienced anything that scarred him emotionally. It was nice to talk about his family with her. Hopefully someday not too far into the future, she would get to meet them. It felt weird, almost wrong, to have someone so important to his life now be unknown to his family, but there was no help for that now. Winter was no time to travel. Perhaps in the spring or summer, like Liliana had suggested once before.

The man nodded his head at her question. "I do miss it. My family mostly though. It feels weird, being so far away from them and not knowing what is going on in their lives day to day. I worry about them, but deep down I know that they are fine." It was just in his nature to worry. "But I am happy here too," he added as a reassurance to her. It was not his plan to go running off back to the Great Tribe any time soon. "I do want to go back and visit sometime though, have you meet my family. I know they will be happy to meet you, even though they do not know who you are yet." He smiled brightly down at her. Yes, his family would want to meet the girl that he loved.

<style type="text/css">
.onawawinter b {font-weight:bold; color:#163E51; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.onawawinter-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.onawawinter p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.onawawinter {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#080808; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... erpuma.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #313439; padding: 10px 0px 255px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#CACCCA; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread