La Saoire Na Mairbh
[html]

word count 562

Rendall heard the beautiful howl on the wind. Knowing already that it was Geneva’s she began to put every thing away and get ready to go out into the snow. As she opened the door the wind blew cold air inside her house. She shivered and shut the door quickly before the fire could be harmed. She made her way through the storm-like winds and through the Vally. She tracked the females scent over to the beautiful but silent Hill of Graves. The places was shrouded with darkness and she was happy to have brought her cloak and lantern. She looked around curiously before resting her gaze on the grey female. She nodded respectfully and took her spot next to the she wolf.

The late light faded and night settled in as more began to show. She counted all the faces she recognized and found that she was beginning to learn her pack well. Perhaps it would be good to represent them one day. She would have to talk to Jefferson. For now she looked around at all the gravestones and almost cried when she thought of those whose lives were lost in her life. She thought of her mother and her father. She thought of everyone before her whom had it not been for them, she would never exist today. She also thought of those who were alive and had helped her though out life. Vulcan her brother, Ty, Pendzez, Xeris, and even Anya, they were her family and she was happy to see their returns to the area after hers.

Ren finally quieted her thoughts as the grey one spoke. It felt like a respected hush fell over the crowd that had gathered and everyone’s emotions were as one. As if each individual feeling contributed to the strange thoughts that they all shared in this one quiet moment. She listened to what Geneva wanted them to do. She thought about all the hardships she went through and chose the one that had meant the most to her. The death of her parents by a hateful clan. She savored each word that Geneva shared and tied it with her thoughts and feelings. This is what this family was about. About connecting through their pain and learning to see each other through different eyes.

Ren was the first to speak up after the gentle wolfess. She looked over to Jefferson and his mate, telling them with her eyes that she was proud to have them as leaders. She then turned to the crowd around her. “My father was once a proud leader of our clan. But, he and my mother were killed when they pack learned of them being Luperci. Their most trusted captain, Avery, lead the attack. This past has haunted me for very long. I had always wanted revenge for what had happened. But…..When I left, I went and found peace within myself in a place I never thought I would. So when it came time to face this past. I decided not to pursue the path I had originally set out for. Instead I let it go…..I decided to leave the past where it was and try to move to my future, here, instead.” Revenge was a hard burden to carry, she thought about that as she relaxed again and sat back down in the palce she originally took.

<style type="text/css">
.renrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#00C5CD; letter-spacing:1px; }
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread