La Saoire Na Mairbh
[html]

Word Count-468

Ookami had been walking around the Valley exploring when he heard the first sound of the howl. His ears perked up in the direction it came from. He lifted his head and sniffed the air. Geneva. He turned around and went into a brisk trot. His ears were perked straight up and his head was held high. His big oversized paws left large, delicate prints in the powdery snow. A cold wind blew and he shivered slightly. He broke into a gently lope, reaching the graveyard in no time. He slowed down to a walk as he passed the headstones. He glanced at them, stopping to stare at one. They were frightning, but amazing at the same time. He shook his head and continued walking. He spotted the wolves of his new home. He sensed the mood, a sadness around them. He took his place next to Xeris and looked around. So many wolves to befriend, so many kind faces. He looked at the leaders, dipping his head in respect.

Geneva spoke her first words and his ears flicked in her direction. He listened intently. Tonight was a time to confess and let go. He took in a breath. Could he do it? He listned next to Rendall. Then Pripyat. It would be his turn soon. Xeris spoke next and then it was time for him. He had never lost anything really. He had nothing to begin with. He couldn't think of anything that was ever lost from him that he cared about. He grew up without someone to love and talk with. He spent his days training himself to hunt and smell things. Most days were actually spent being chewed out by the alpha. He gritted his teeth, so many bad memories, yet he couldn't think of anything that had really upset him. He grew up numb and quiet, not connecting with anyone. I guess I'll just have to speak my mind. "I was born into a hateful pack. My unusual color frightened them, for everyone of them was a dark black color. They needed to be dark to survive, and having me as this bright color, they thought I would get them killed. No one liked me, loved me, or tried to be my friend. I spent most of my days getting attacked by the alpha, or just being alone. I really have never lost anything, for I had nothing to begin with." He took another breath. "It is hard growing up in a dangereous world, without anyone caring about you. I guess the thing I lost was the love of my mother. She did love me, but when she first saw my coat she was scared for her life. So she stopped loving me." He finished his speech and flung his eyes to the ground.

<style>
.ookamifall .of-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:11px; }
.ookamifall p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ookamifall b {color:#bb5a14; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ookamifall {background-color:#f0f1ed; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts ... tab3v2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:439px; text-align:justify; }
.ookamifall-border {width:441px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.ookamifall .box {width:165px;height:290px; float: right;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread