Lecture et L'écriture
[html]

I just realized that I never decided how to pronounce Nian... O_O That's what I get for making up a name. I'll make it like Ryan.

Nian examined the letters intently, trying to pick out which letter corresponded to which sound. Most of them he could figure out, but the little mark next to the "J" made no sense to him. There did not appear to be a sound attached to it... He pointed this out, asking, "What about this mark here? What does that sound like?" The concept of punctuation was not as readily grasped as the concept of a phonetic alphabet.

Thinking about his own name, he started to break it up into sounds. "All right, well, first I have an 'NNNNN' sound, and then an 'AAAA' sound, and an 'EEEE' sound..." He started to laugh at how his name sounded drawn out like this, but managed to finish. "And then an 'IIIIII' sound, and the 'NNN' sound again." The idea that letters did not always sound the same isolated and within the context of words was something Nian had no conception of yet, so he was unwittingly bound to create a very strange spelling of his own name.

<style type="text/css">
.nian-b02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bd581b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nian-b02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nian-b02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nian-b02 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#dbae77; background-image:url(http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g37 ... blebg1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#772d06; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread