At the Violet Hour
[html]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The young woman jumped like a singed cat when the white wolf popped up, its head swiveling to end on her hiding spot- not dead, not dead, not dead! The horse that was also in the field of flowers looked to have had the same reaction to the undead stranger as Bindu, jumping back in alarm. The horse's movement drew attention to it from her, but she had no time to reflect on its beautiful gray pelt. The stranger was upon her in seconds, moving with absurd speed and grace.

She introduced herself as Skye Collins, of Cercatori d'Arte. Both names were unfamiliar. Bindu worries resurfaced- was this a ruthless pack filled with bloodthirsty wolves, or maybe a kinder one like Phoenix Valley? Skye didn't look as if she were bloodthirsty or ruthless. Besides, surely no cruel wolf would lay in a meadow of flowers. Cercatori d'Arte must not be very threatening. The teen visibly relaxed, but she was careful not to let her full guard down. Friendly wolf or not, Skye Collins was a stranger.

"Isn't this flower field beautiful? I can't believe I've never seen it before." Bindu nodded -these flowers were some of the most beautiful she had ever seen- but she was a little puzzled. Had her nose been right? Was this meadow in Cercatori d'Arte territory? She didn't understand how Skye lived here and yet hadn't seen this beauty, lying right in her pack's land. Maybe the territory was really big, too big to explore thoroughly. If so, this pack must be large and powerful. Bindu took an unconscious step away from the land's border.

Behind Skye, the horse began to make strange noises. Bindu was a little afraid, so she took another step aft. Skye reprimanded the glorious beast, whose cries subsided. Were horses dangerous, the teen wondered, her eyes flicking between stranger and horse with unease. "My name is Bindu Ep-epals, from the desert," she peeped quietly, feeling dread when she caught sight of the horse's powerful hooves.

<style type="text/css">
.bindu b {font-weight:bold; color:#534F45; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bindu i {font-style:italic; color:#534F45;}
.bindu .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.bindu p {text-indent:15px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bindu {margin:0 auto; width:449px; background-color:#ADA492; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/1e6rh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #534F45; padding: 10px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#FFF8CB; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread