Just A Little Under The Weather
[html]
Not a problem! You're doing great!

WC:535

Laying there he shut the Christmas book and laid it across his lap absentmindedly. Golden eyes stared across the room toward the large window, he knew it was white outside and that the sky way gray and dull, but there was nothing he wanted more then to take his pups outside to play in the snow and just enjoy their day. Ghita had been trying to keep the pups away during the daytime to give the warrior time to rest in peace but also to save some of Jazper's pride. He hadn't said anything to his loving mate but he was sure she knew how he was feeling.

Inside his heart was almost as scared as his body. Here he was laying around in bed, whimpering at every small pain, when he should be out there doing boarder patrols and scaring off the bad guys to keep his pups and family safe. He was a Knight for crying out loud, a protector and provider. Yet, a single swipe from a bear had brought him down and left him unable to do either of those two things. He couldn't even play with his kids. Even though Ghita had been taking them away he could see on their faces that daddy wasn't invincible anymore and that above all killed him inside because in his mind his pups were his world, and they no longer saw him in the light they had once before.

The knocking on the door broke him from his thought and he quickly lifted up the book to cover up his violent glare at the windows. He nodded to his niece as she entered, “A little.” Truth was he was close to freezing. The fire was one thing he always had going as his room had a tendency to get chilly. However with the injury he simply couldn't be moving around. Watching her fix the fire a small smile graced his lips, “Thank you Amata. I would do it myself but doctors orders are doctors orders.” Chuckling lightly at his own joke his face turned to a frown finding the pain launch through his chest again.

At his caretakers question he considered for a moment then answered, “Well, I'm not on the floor, and she missed my heart,” If she had slashed from the other direction it was very likely he would have bled to death, “so better yes, considering. I have to breath little breaths though. If I take in too much air it causes a lot of pain.” The pain was really his only problem. As soon as the pain was gone he could be out playing with the pups again. “How have you been?” He asked, yellow eyes meeting her green and blue. Honestly, he would rather avoid talking about his own misfortune and he should talk to his nieces and nephews more often. Even Denali had received more attention than his mates blood. Even though he and Kansas weren't on talking terms there was one thing nice he had to say about the pale boy: His children grew into wonderful caring adults. This was a fate he could only pray his own offspring would have.

<style type="text/css">
.jazzytab2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#8a2001; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.jazzytab2ooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#000;}
.jazzytab2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jazzytab2 {margin:0 auto; width:366px; background-color:#dcdedb; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... zytab2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px double #000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread