[M] -- Oh, you did not just go there...!
[html]

ooc Oh snap! wc 742

She cocked her head at Sky's first question and the hex-laced words were not lost on her. At first she simply nodded, caught off guard by the nature of the confrontation. Was she possibly misreading this? Was Sky just asking, to be happy for her? The spite that was weaved into her voice spoke a resounding NO. Orin knew in that instant that this was no 'I'm happy for you' speech. This was wrong, this was not normal at all. She had nothing to say and so stood stark still as Sky leaned forward and the new rivals were suddenly face to face.

There was a horrible scent coming off Sky, too. It was her emotions, and if silly, nose-blind Orin was able to notice them then they must be strong. Sky's scent was laced with anger and another subtle undertone... hurt. She had detected the same ting in Shawchert's scent yesterday, and all at once Orin understood what this was about.

Orin, usually so happy-go-lucky, peppy, bright, and playful Orin transformed in that moment. No one in Cercatori d'Arte had ever seen Orin like this because they never had reason to. The Takekuro woman always had a smile on her face that could shame the sun, and a cheery disposition that could give you cavities. But what many people did not know about her was that Orin also had a temper. Shawchert had seen a sleight streak of it, though it had been nothing big at the time. She was quick to be happy, but she was almost just as quick to be maddened when there really was a right. The only other person who had seen her anger in full swing was not here to bear warning of Orin's scrappiness. Niro used to do most of the fighting for her, but when it came down to fight or flight, suddenly Orin's dictionary had one less word.

Her bright expression darkened as her almond shaped eyes narrowed into angry, pointed slits. Her eyebrows pursed together and her maw twisted into a scowl that was entirely out of place on the woman's face. She held her ground, not backing up a step as Sky closed in on her. She was steady except for a slight occasional twitch of her tail, which in that moment was beginning to meet Sky's own posturing challenge and curl. No, not tuck between her legs, but curl up to rise to the primal challenge of dominance.

Sky kept boring into her with her words, striking a chord. Her blood boiled as she closed her hands into fists, then opened them again, flexing her arms an an effort to keep from throwing the first blow. Later she would react to the meanness in Sky's words with sadness, but for now she matched her anger inch by inch.

“How dare you say that. How dare you say that about me or about your alpha.” Her voice was low and she was trying hard to control it, keep it steady against the anger that coursed through her. “What is this? What is this crap?” Her lip peeled back in an ugly sneer. “Clearly someone's jealous.”

“Oh, yes, I enjoyed him. I enjoyed every. Last. Inch. Of him.” She repeated in a manner that was much like Sky's deliver. “I enjoyed every last drop. Every last touch. All fucking night.”

She leaned back for just a moment to look Sky up and down, disgust in her eyes, then she leaned back in, matching her daring stare. “You think you're just going to step in here and scare me away? Run me off from my prince? Don't even think about it, you're the one who's going to be sorry.” She chuckled lightly. It was an evil, taunting thing that did not belong anywhere near Orin. “As a matter of fact, it looks like you already are. One sorry, sore, loser!”

Upon that last, digging insult, Orin turned her back on Sky (unintentionally swatting her with her tail in the process) and began to walk away. Her head held high and her slow walk pointed, wrought with a saunter that was tailored for a situation just like this. Now she was gloating with the swagger in her hips, the set of her shoulders, and the steadiness with which she walked. And in doing so Orin was telling her that Sky clearly was not worth her time.

<style type="text/css">
.Orintrade b {font-weight:bold; color:#fda18c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Orintrade-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; text-align:center;}
.Orintrade p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.Orintrade {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#fbfdd6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ntable.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbfced; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b5a4a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Orintrade-border1 {width:339px; border:1px solid #6b5a4a; margin:0 auto;}
.Orintrade-line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px solid #fbeec2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread