I'll sing you a song of the fish in the sea
[html]

Ambrose dipped his head again in a half bow when the Alpha introduced himself. "A pleasure to meet you as well, Shawchert. I hope I am not too much of an intrusion upon your leadership duties." For an alpha male, the tall wolf had been very welcoming towards him, which was something Ambrose did not always find in encounters with highly ranked wolves. This made him feel much more warmly towards the pack, as he did not much care for the sharp rank divisions and border paranoia he had encountered with wolf packs in the past.

He listened to the alpha's description of his pack, nodding at appropriate points. He noted the hint of pride in Shawchert's voice and smiled. It hinted at a sense of unity that Ambrose would certainly enjoy in his packmates. "Well, I'm not exactly an artist, but I know a song or two and am good at making things that will last. And, of course, I am no stranger to music and merrymaking." He grinned. In response to the alpha's question, he said, "I would be glad to see some of the packlands, if that's not too much trouble. I understand you must have other duties to attend to as well, and I wouldn't want to keep you overlong."

At the man's last words, he considered his options for a moment before continuing. "Well... It's just that my own coat doesn't keep out the cold as much as it used to. Perhaps it's the weather here, or maybe-" He wrinkled his nose and shook his head. He had been about to say "maybe I am just getting older" but couldn't quite bring himself to say it. He was graying around the edges maybe, but he was not yet an old man who complained about the aches in his joints and the remarkable chill of what used to be a summer breeze. "Ah, no, it's not too much of a problem. If your people are short on supplies, it would a poor trade for me to take them from you, especially during the winter when resources are scarce. My own cotton clothing does not quite keep out the cold, but it's better than fur alone."

<style type="text/css">
.ambrose-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f7fa7; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ambrose-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.ambrose-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ambrose-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c2d0d3; background-image:url(http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g37 ... table1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 296px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#222e3e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread