Losing everything, so much to gain.
[html]

Sky nodded with an 'ah, alright, my mistake' murmured as he corrected her. Made sense, actually; what kind of guy would go to a girl about girl troubles? Oh, wait. Haha. Right. He quickly agreed to her suggestion of talking it out with Orin, and Sky made a mental note to do the same, to mend the possible friendship she could have with the pink-haired girl. Finally, though, when she asked him why she'd been the one he'd come to, he answered, and it kind of sent her heart a flutter. That familliar burning feeling caught the tips of her ears and she glanced away, moving her hands back to her lap.

"I'm... glad you trust me as a friend then, Shawchert." Ouch. The undertone in her voice was quivery, and even though she'd been somewhat delighted to think that she'd be the first one he'd come to talk to for problems like this, it still hurt that it was only because she was his friend, and vice versa. "Actually, I don't mean to pour salt on an open wound, but I should probably tell you something." Wait, what? No! Her mind screamed at her to stop, and she hesitated.

"Y'know... you have a lot of people in the pack that care about you. A few members trust you and believe in you so much they'd likely give their lives for you, if it came down to it." She wondered where to go from there. Tell him the truth about her feelings for him, or move on and simply twist it into some sort of comforting set of words. She looked over at him, and grimaced inwardly. "I do wish you'd stop beating yourself up over something no one could've helped. It's in the past, and even if the past can hurt, it still doesn't mean you can change it."

She sat back on the couch, and out of her own depressive mood, leaned forward and gently rested her head on his shoulder. A daring move, but not one she considered out of place. "Sometimes the only thing we can do about our past is to learn from it and move on." She wondered if she was still veering this conversation towards him now, or herself. "You might not believe it, but I've been in a pretty similar situation to yours. I know what it's like to have a broken heart, and I know what it's like to be afraid of what I've done. It took me a long time to get over it..."

She paused, hesitated, but continued bravely. "In fact, it took me meeting you to finally get over it. I couldn't fix what had happened with him though. The reason we're not together now is because he died. You have a chance to fix this, so count your blessings it was only a temporary screw up. If you don't think you can be her mate, than be her friend. In the end, she'll remember to thank you, just for being there." Then, softly, like a breeze, she whispered, almost hoping he wouldn't hear. "...in fact, thank you, Shawchert... for fixing me."

Then, she just remained there, head on his shoulder, long blonde hair loose and tumbling down his side and her neck and back. Deathly silent, waiting for something, anything, that he might say in response. Somewhere, in the back of her mind, the screaming subsided, and she could hear only their breathing and heartbeats in the quiet room of the empty house.

<style type="text/css">
.skykfree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2f8f6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2e3c4b; }
.skykfree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; text-align:center;}
.skykfree01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skykfree01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#c2dada; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree01a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #f2f8f6; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skykfree01-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #2e3c4b; margin:0 auto;}
.skykfree01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #bacfd2; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread