Home again, home again...!
[html]

Lol! That would be funny X3 SoSuWriMo 425

It was bothering Gotham, she would not have expected anything less. Still, she wished that the cut was already healed and hidden back beneath her fur. She did not want her son dwelling on this and the fact that he had not been there. The raven haired woman shook her head back and forth. "No, Gotham." She would not have wanted him there. She would not have wanted him, or any of her other children, there. He would have rushed to her aid and thrown caution to the wind to defend her. Then it might have been him and not Jazper who had bared the brunt of the attack. Savina would have never forgiven herself if that had happened. "He got cut up pretty bad across his chest. He'll be fine though, Amata took care of him right away and she's keeping a constant eye on him, changing his bandages and everything." Jazper was strong, he wouldn't let this thing beat him. "No, everyone else is fine. Jazper and I are the only ones that sustained any injuries." They could all be thankful for that, at least.

The Consul didn't like the guilt she saw now clouding her son's eyes at all. His words, too, were laced with it and she only shook her head once again. A hand went up to cup the side of his face, her emeralds looking deep into his sapphires. "Gotham, don't be sorry. Do not beat yourself up about this. It would have happened regardless of whether you were here or not, and likely with the same outcome." She was the leader, it was her duty to take charge and keep Crimson Dreams safe. She would be pathetic if she would not put herself in harm's way while her packmates did. "You would not have been happy if you had stayed here this whole time, just like Amata would not have. I understand why you were out there and I don't blame you for a moment." Even if it had been hard to have the two of them gone, the mother knew that they both had needed it.

"Promise me you won't dwell on this. The important thing is that everyone is going to be alright, and that you're here now." Nothing could be done about the things that had already happened. Letting things that you could not change bring you down was a bit of a problem for the members of the Marino family, but she did not want to see the same thing happen to her son.

<style type="text/css">
.saviforum b {font-weight:bold; color:#B9949C; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #DBA596; }
.saviforum-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.saviforum p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.saviforum {margin:0 auto; width:454px; background-color:#E7E7E7; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... iforum.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #926D79; padding: 10px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6D5F83; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread