Let it creep in.
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

The transformation in the grizzled wolf before her was interesting to watch. Cercelee had the magic word, the ruby slippers and now the conversation was a horse of a different color. Adras. Cer had never heard anyone call her father by such a nickname before, but it made sense that his family would have some for him. And he probably had nicknames for all of them as well, only she didn’t know them. Iskata, the female had introduced herself as. The name did ring a bell, although a very small one, but the voice was not that of Adrastos, but rather Laruku. Long ago he had told her she had an aunt living in Storm by that name. How sad that all her family history had come from a cousin who seemed all but indifferent to Adrastos's presence, and had accepted Cer as his charge only out of some family or alpha related duty.

I’m sorry, Adrastos never spoke of anyone. Granted I was with him for only a short time, I was only three months when he left me at Clouded Tears. Some might say that Adrastos had thrown away Cer too early, but she knew that even had he kept her after he lost the others, she probably wouldn’t have heard anything about his family. Not that he didn’t love them, Cercelee knew that he did, her name and that of her brothers was evidence, but he was trying to shield her from something. If Adrastos came back now, she wouldn’t hold anything against him, but she would not welcome him with open arms either. The actions he had taken and the bad feelings he had left her with were long since over, but trying to explain it to anyone else was still a hurdle. How do you tell someone that your father abandoned you, but you are not tore up over it? That it just happened and now you go on with your life? It wasn’t that she was hurt or angry, this wasn't why she denied her family, it was truly just that she did not know them, and felt no need to get to know them now.

He is probably not the same brother you remember him as, he’s not the same father who raised me for the first three months. That’s why it’s easier not to hold onto the past, I’d have meet him and get to know him all over again if he came back. It’s too much word to get to know a person twice. Cercelee didn’t know exactly why she had said that, was it to explain partly why she had been so hesitant to speak his name? Perhaps she had only elaborated because Iskata had seemed so moved by that particular name. Perhaps because Adrastos had once been a super hero, and he deserved some sort of smear against his name if he couldn’t keep himself together any longer.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread