Time To Talk
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Silver; 559 words

Selene only knew a few things about her own father and they had all been things told to her by other canines. She didn't have the connection with her own mother either. Her mother never even realized that she was around. So, in a sense, she didn't have either parent really. While she might not be certain who Demi's father was the girl did have family. Those in the cult had watched for each other and helped each other. All of the pups were taught together in a group so there was always someone to play with. At least Selene thought that they had a pretty good life. Even if it only ended up being the three of them cuddling up in their den at night when Demi and Ouija were younger. At least it had been better than anything that Selene had when she was growing up.

The question surprised her and it took a few moments for her to answer. How was she even to begin to explain what motherhood was like? How do you begin to tell someone about a life changing experience? She smiled as her cheek was kissed and nodded as she was gently prodded for an answer. "I wouldn't mind grandchildren but that is only if you or your brothers want children. You shouldn't have children just to make me happy. It should be something you want for yourself because it is a big responsibility." Not that she really imagined that Demi would just leap into. She just wanted her daughter to know that she could take it or leave it, just as long as Demi was happy.

"It is life changing. You have little ones that need you for everything. You become responsible for a life that is not your own. And just the love and joy you feel, it can't be described. Everything changes. Your own achievements don't seem to matter as much as those of the life that you produced. Like when they first open their eyes. I can't imagine a time that I was prouder. It sounds like such a small thing but it has a big impact on your heart. And to be there for it all, to watch each and every one of your firsts and how you have developed into the woman you are now, I could never ask for anything more." She had no idea how to actually convey the overwhelming emotions. It was something that had to be experienced to really be understood. "Of course it is filled with worries as well. Like when you and your brother started walking and decided you wanted to explore instead of sleep. I was so worried about what happened to the two of you. That you were hurt or I would never see you again. Having to discipline you two and make you stay in the den broke my heart. It isn't fun when your children are sad or angry at you. But it will happen because you have to teach them right from wrong and keep them safe." There was the good and there was the bad but that was just a part of life. Still, it felt the good outweighed the bad more often than not. "There is no greater gift than when your pups tell you that they love you for the first time."

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#4F4F4F; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable3 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable3 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable3 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#DCDEDB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... 490ebq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 266px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#919191; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread