A familiar face, a familiar place
Skoll was usually rather perceptive when it came to reading people, it was part of what had kept him alive so long--being able to read opponents. Still, it had been a long time since he had seen Phoenix, and his attention was focused elsewhere, missing Phasma's look of discomfort. A slight smile came to his face, for he was glad to see a familiar face as well, but the news of Phoenix's daughter(who he had never so much as smelt before) was enough to suck the cheer right out of the reunion. He was a fighter and a tracker, he wasn't sure of what help he could be, but he would offer it nonetheless.

"The feeling is mutual, Phoenix. It's hard to believe that the awkward youth I remember in my first pack hunt grew up into the alpha I see now. You've come far, my friend, and made more of yourself than I have, in a third the time." Skoll had worked hard to be a good warrior, and trained his nose well to make tracking HawkWind easier, but he had never come close to being leadership material to anyone, alpha, beta, or gamma. He had also never been a father. Life wasn't going to bear with him forever, especially not in his line of work, and there were many facets of wolf-life that he had not been successful in. For all his age-bought wisdom and well-recited beliefs, he would do well to take a page out of this younger wolf's book. I doubt if that path is even open to me anymore, he thought, dismissing the subject.

"As she says, Phasma has been kind enough to share this ill news with me. I would offer any help I could, I've offered my talents to strangers before and since my stay in Storm, and I can certainly do the same for a friend." He wasn't certain that it was appropriate to ask to be allowed back into Storm...he'd have to work up the nerve to do so, at any rate. As Phasma had guessed, the idea of rejoining had already crossed his mind, he missed his border and guard duty, but it wasn't a decision to rush into. Especially not after everything that had happened already.

Messages In This Thread