Learning something new
[html]

Aw, what a cutie! Sky felt that motherly instinct dying to kick in, but she held back. Boy was a teenager, if a young one. Acting like a pup-enthused female wouldn't do her very well. She perked said ears as he questioned why she both had a goat, and had things in her ears, and what they were. With a soft laugh, she bent down beside the little animal and held his head up to her cheek. "Casper here is my pet." Yup. Weird. "He can fatten all he wants, but he's not being eaten. He's good for eating weeds, and he has a habit of making the pack laugh."

Sky hadn't considered it before, but in times of stress, little Casper could act as a great omega figure. One faint, and the entire pack would either be baffled or in hesterics. "As for my ears..." She sat up straighter, balancing on her toes. One hand moved up to her erect ear, the left one, and she slid a finger through the open gauge, wiggling it. "These ones are gauges. They're something I had done when I was about your age." She moved back down from the gauges and showed off the studs below. "These are earrings, or rather, studs. My piercings are simply for show, really. I'm a bit addicted to them."

She smirked over at him and stood, brushing off her knees and shaking her head. "Mind you, I don't suggest ever getting your own ears gauged. It usually takes a good year or so to get them this stretched. Mine didn't," She paused and grimaced. "Actually, mine only took a minute. Cut the holes right out with a sheet of metal, like carving a pumpkin. Hurt and bled like crazy."

She smirked again though, and glanced over at the goat. "And I'll show you why he's so amusing to the pack. Check this out." She turned to face the goat, then suddenly barked loudly in his ear, effectively startling the poor thing. Instantly, little Casper's legs tensed up, locking in place, and as he moved to get away from her, he tumbled over into the snow, bleating in protest. Sky laughed a bit, bending down to pet him. "Casper's a Fainting Goat. Got something wrong with his legs, that when he's scared, they lock up and he falls over like that. Everyone gets a good laugh out of it."

The kid loosened up and stood up again, seeming to 'growl' at his owner for being so mean, though it was just a grumpy bleat. Sky reached into her pocket and pulled out a baggy of grain, pouring some onto her hand and then holding it out to the goat. Casper, forgiving her it seemed, happily muched away. "I kind of wish he were female though. I'd be able to get goat's milk, then."

<style type="text/css">
.Sky_goat b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3d66d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Sky_goat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Sky_goat p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Sky_goat {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#89a776; border:1px solid #a2cb6b; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1c2922; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
+476

Messages In This Thread