A bit of Dust
[html]

Thanks. Smile

If Moth sat any more still than he already was, someone could probably mistake him for a large oddly shaped stone. The dusty color of his fur didn't help his case all that much. Every bit of noise made his heart stop. Though he had decided to park his hide and wait for someone to spot him, he doubted his decision with each passing moment. He wanted to go, just keep on moving in hopes of something he didn't even know. But then again he also didn't want to keep wandering aimlessly and completely alone where anything would find him as prey. He inherited that from his mother he figured, she was rather small compared to others they had passed, but she had a bit of a fiery streak if provoked. He lacked that it seemed.

Moth had been focusing all his attention on a single leaf, following its contours with his eyes, its veins when he heard something off in the distance. Someone was drawing near, he perked up, and they were playing an instrument it seemed. Part of him hoped they would pass by without noticing him, but part of him also hoped they would see him. The sounds drew closer, then suddenly he could hear their steps becoming quicker. It wasn't long until he saw someone coming right at him. Moth shifted nervously where he was, automatically withdrawing into himself, not only because mother has taught him to, but also because he was terrified. It took everything in him to utter anything at all.

"...H-'ello, sir." he mumbled, looking for that elusive thing called courage, all the while avoiding any eye contact. "Me name is M-moth. M-moth Lockhart. I'm a wee bit lost in these parts, but I was h-hoping...I know very little of these lands I mean to say."

His gold eyes focused on anything but Shawchert, "I was h-hoping I could find someplace to stay I mean. I..." he trailed off. He really wasn't good at this. There was a good reason why he avoided others. This entire situation was a pretty good example.

<style type="text/css">
.moth-leaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#F0FFF0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.moth-leaf .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.moth-leaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.moth-leaf {margin:0px auto; width:430px; background-color:#1C2918; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/29c5q8j.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#426F42; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread