into the depths
[html]

Whee. SSWM: 709

Cold feet trod slowly through the rocky caverns; his red eyes were alert and all-seeing. A lone bat hung in a corner nearby, and it shifted slightly in it's day-sleep. Until there came something better, his attention turned to it, though his head remained forward. While he was not necessarily intentionally ignoring his dark companion, it might have seemed that way. Truthfully, his interests were just focused on the remnants of broken bones, decaying flesh of who knows what, and any other hidden goodness that might be lurking nearby. His fixation was unfortunately broken by the voice of Itzal, a man now trying to explain his behavior.

"Look. I know I can be pretty rude, and Obnoxious. And ignorant, and arrogant, and pretty stupid at times. But it is mostly just the way I am. I grew up away from any other pack then my family, And the one pack I lived in after that, I lived in a week.....and in that week I was abused, beat, and used. But none of it broke me and it made me more determined then ever never to submit. Then I lived on my own for the most part, looking out for myself, until I ended up here." the man explained, as if trying to apologize for his previous actions. Itzal then continued, adding: "So yeah, I'm disrespectful and I do not submit very well. I am not use to admitting I am wrong and that I do not know everything. So sorry, I will work on it, but in the mean time, please, do not take to much offense from what I say and do."

Well, maybe you should learn to behave yourself, at least... Kesho thought, a slightly frustrated expression on his face at the dark hybrid's words. He did not need to hear explanations for behavior, only a change in it. With a noncommittal grunt, Kesho nodded his graying head.

"Fine." he muttered, in an attempt to urge this intense conversationalist into a slightly more subdued state.

The old man continued his trek, taking a left at a fork in the road, following the much more dimly lit path, his eyes taking the time to adjust to the change in light. The walls were narrowing now, and though Kesho was not afraid, he knew that this sort of thing might scare others. The perfect reason for this land to belong to Inferni... he thought with a sly grin, directed at no one.

Itzal's words began flowing again, and Kesho braced himself for another story. Maybe he would just have to endure it; would there be a reward for him in there somewhere, at the end of this "adventure"? Something akin to karma that he would have to word towards? Maybe. And it was that thought that allowed him to calm down again, if only briefly, and manage to listen to this strange hybrid's words.

"I came from a jacked up pack of crazy wolves who believed that they should only be purebred, and where my family was killed and my uncle's pack abused me until I ran away, then wandered, and came here." the dark man explained in earnest. "I honestly do not know the name of the place the pack was at. I would have to see a map of the U.S to show you. And I would rather move on from my past, so I do not really remember the name of the pack I was in." he said in conclusion.

Kesho couldn't help but chuckle. A pack of purebred-loving wolves? Well, wasn't Inferni quite like that? No, no, they aren't. Not anymore. Ugh. He turned to meet the yellow eyes of his acquaintance with his own fiery red ones, muttering only a few words in response.

"Inferni hasn't always been so different from that, you know." he said, his tone almost pleasant. "We were once ruthless killers and pure-blood worshippers." he added, his face contorted a bit in reminiscence. Here we go again. But then, he changed the subject. "I don't know how to read a map, but I'm sure you could find one in Halifax." he said quickly, his pace increasing as he heard the rushing sounds of water.

Then, as if to ward them away, the cave produced a sound unlike any other. A hooting, whooping, maniacal sound whose origins could not be easily named. Even Kesho's large ears, though thoroughly able to hear it, could not decipher the tone. His eyebrows creased in wonder, in frustration. Things like this excited him; the urge to find the source immediately took over his brain. He turned to his dark companion, a large grin across his face.

"You heard that noise?" he said nonchalantly tossing his head towards its vague direction. "Let's find it."

Paws turned as the cavern opened up again, though its insides were still shrouded by lack of light, his bat-like ears helped him narrow down the location of the sound, and that would be his destination. Behind them, the path he had not taken sought them out, it's light chasing them intermittently through small cracks in the cavern's sturdy foundation. Dark eyes tore through the light-starved pathways, and as they made their way deeper inside, his pace slowed. Several alleys to the sides offered escape from this journey, sunlight creeping dangerously into these inner chambers; but he chose to stay on this path, the one he knew would lead to that sound.

Something that made such a hauntingly and demonically ghost-like noise had to have been alive, had it not?

<style>
.kesho-929 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.kesho-929 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kesho-929 b {color:#DEEAF3; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.kesho-929 {background-color:#8C9398; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/kesho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#12191F; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
.kesho-929-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread