into the depths
[html]

SSWM: 553

"Well, I do not mind the ruthless killer part, I am one myself after all, and as for the Pureblood worshippers, I do not mind that you once were, and I do not hold it against others who still are, I was just explaining to you the nature of the pack I came from." said Itzal without emotion.

Kesho once again declined to speak a response to Itzal's words. An ear twitched as at the dark Scorpius' mention of Kesho having "once been". In reality, he still was. His prejudice ran deep, and despite recent attempts to correct or at least diminish it, Kesho had limited success. Yes, his tolerance for the breed was...slowly increasing, but it certainly wasn't perfect and he couldn't help but slip into that mindset frequently. But, his longevity in this clan would be determined by his behavior, and that included obeying himself around wolf-beasts.

Continuing carefully down the rocky corridors, Kesho followed his ears as the sound hit the air again. It varied each time, indicating it's possibility for being an animal. Perhaps he could get an easy meal out of it. Oh, but I'd have to share... he thought with slight annoyance. Of course he would share any meat, but it was not his favorite idea. Nevertheless, it might not even be that. It could be an enemy laying in wait with a trap set, or something else, like a ghost.

Kesho did believe in ghosts, though he'd never seen them. He had been told of them several times by multiple canines, and often felt their presence in places like this in Inferni. To him, they were lost souls caught between life and the afterlife, and nothing more. They were not to be feared, but guided into death. It was unlikely, though, that a ghost would be able to make audible vocalizations, so Kesho tossed this idea aside for now.

The cave walls opened up slightly now, and the one they were following finally led down a long, lone tunnel, dark and with nearly zero light. Red eyes pierced the darkness and Kesho eyed the skeleton of an antelope; someone had bothered to drag it all the way back here. Clearly, they had wanted to be hidden. The creature's skull intrigued him, and he mentally recorded it's location. The old man would return later and create a helmet from that magnificent skull, horns and all.

The sounds increased in volume now; they were close, but did not seem to be moving. He turned to his companion, lowering his body into a stalking pose, the man whispered.

"Quietly, now..." he said, his words nothing but a breath on the wind.

Cream colored paws inched across the cold floor, his movements slow and calculated as he neared a curve in the pathway. He was determined to find this beast, or whatever it was, and knew that the thing had to be just around this bend in the road. The man's nose fiercely attempted to read the scent on the cave's stale air, but could only vaguely recognize the more recent smell against the myriad of scents combined here. Turning now, he checked to assure himself of Itzal's presence, if only for the sake of teamwork.

Seeing the man's yellow eyes and dark shadow on the barely lit wall, Kesho nodded to him, then gestured with his head for them to go ahead. Strong legs carried him towards the noise, now only a short 50 feet away, it's scent becoming increasingly familiar, but not quite recognizable, as they neared.

<style>
.kesho-929 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.kesho-929 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kesho-929 b {color:#DEEAF3; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.kesho-929 {background-color:#8C9398; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/kesho.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#12191F; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
.kesho-929-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread