A simple return
[html]

SoSuWriMo 486

It felt so good to have such exciting news to share with her sister. Cambi almost felt like they were pups again, laughing and playing and being carefree. Well, Cambria had never been exactly "carefree". Even when she was little she had worried about things and been afraid, but when she had been with Amata she had been as close to carefree as she had ever been. It was so comforting to know that despite all this time apart, they hadn't lost that. The cocoa girl's tail wagged excitedly as her sibling congratulated her on her position in the pack. "Thanks Amata! I worked really hard for it, but of course I know I'll never know everything. I look over books almost every day and I still go to Dawali to learn things." The AniWayan chief had a wealth of knowledge to teach her, she doubted that he would ever run dry. As her sister said something about working under her, Cambi shook her head. "Don't be silly, we can work together." She didn't want one of them to be above the other, she wanted them to be equals.

The Marino waited with anticipation for her sister's reaction to her big big news, but soon she saw there was absolutely no reason for her to worry. Amata's smile grew and then she hugged her again, and Cambi laughed happily as they bounced around together on the mansion floor. "You didn't miss anything really. We've always been kinda quiet about it and we didn't make a big fuss. We just decided one night, out by the Silver Showers." It sounded terribly romantic, but it really had been. Just the sort of thing they had both wanted, they wouldn't have been comfortable being the center of a bunch of attention.

Amata of course wanted to know about all the rest of the family, and Cambria was happy to share what she knew. "Momma and Dadda are both good, nothing really to report there. Have you met Denali yet? He was an orphaned pup that came to the pack. Momma and Dadda adopted him, he's a really sweet boy." She thought that her sister might know that, but she thought she should share just in case she didn't. "Ghita is well, her leg is finally doing a lot better after the barn collapsed. She and Uncle Jazper had another litter just a little while ago. Two boys and a girl, Tony, Lorenzo, and Fia. Uncle Ehno has had a bit of a rough patch lately. He came home the other day and he had been in a fight, I had to patch him up some. He had a really bad wound on his shoulder," she said with a sad frown. She and Ehno had had their problems due to the fact he had had children with the one woman that Cambria hated, but they had moved past that now.

<style type="text/css">
.yellowbfly b {font-weight:bold; color:#F5DB87; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #61383C; }
.yellowbfly-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.yellowbfly p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.yellowbfly {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#D2B474; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lowfly.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F6EDC5; padding: 10px 0px 285px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#F2E5C0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread