Border Patrol
[html]

I'M SOOO SORRY this is so long. Feel free just to skim through it. It is mostly just rambling until the last paragrraph where he spills his life story. again, sorry. 1412!

Itzal wondered what was on the females mind? She seemed like she knew Inferni well. The way she spoke like she was comfortable here. And she appeared to know the border well enough. He wondered if she had maybe been in this area before. It would not surprise him, after all, it was not uncommon for other canines to leave a place and return sometimes. But why did she return? What was her purpose. He could not help but wonder. "Valkyrie, you seem like you are familiar with the area. Have you been here before?" His voice was void of emotion. If he did not know better, he would think that he had no interest, and was just trying to make conversation. But Itzal knew his curiousity sometimes got the best of him. He could not help but wonder about people, but he did respect their privacy. If they wanted to tell him, it was completely up to them, just like he felt it was up to him whether or not he wanted to speak about his past. And usually he would speak of it, but only in vague detail, so he could satisfy their curiousity, but not go to deep into it. He never went to deep into thought about his past himself. There were things he would much rather forget, but it seemed like no matter how much he tried, they always snuck back into his mind and thoughts. He sighed mentally. He would have to just learn to live with them, and just not thing about them as best he could. So instead of thinking about his past, he went back to wondering about Valkyrie's past. If she was orignally from Nova Scotia, where had she gone when she left? And why had she not stayed there? He would never ask these questions out right, or even hint at them that much. Maybe a little. But if he started to learn about a person, they in turn started to learn about him, which was something he was always hesitant to let happen. He was not always a good person to get to know. Which is the reason very few people had ever gotten to really know him. Really, truly know him. And he was not sure if he was ready to let people start to get so close to him just yet.

Itzal had been scanning the border closely, only moving his eyes and keeping his head as still as he could. His ears twitched every now and then as he listened for any sound. He took shallow, short breaths to see if he could catch any hint of a trespasser's scent. He was good at thinking and paying attention to his suroundings. He nodded at Valkyrie's explanation of arrving at the border and patroling. He could not help but adding a questioning ' again?' to her comment about getting a feel for the territory. But he shook of his curiousity so he could listen to her and patrol. He figured that there would be no trespassers today, but he could never be to safe, and it kept his mind occupied for the moment. He blinked in surprise when she asked him about how he had found Inferni. Was it just a coincednce he has just been thinking about his past when she was curious about it. It had to be, and he could not complain. After all, he had asked her where she was from, and he was curious about her past to. Maybe she was just trying to make conversation. Either way he felt he would have to answer her, and he would not sugar coat it, though he would not go into detail either. His past was one filled with pain and hardships. But he did not want others pities, he had survived, and he agreed with the saying that what did not kill you, only makes you stronger. There was a lot that had not killed him, and every single time it had made him stronger. I helped make you stronger, I was a part of it, we get most of our strength from me, you know it is true, why deny it? We are nothing with out me, with out my need to kill. Itzal did not hear the words inside his head, no, the part of him that was a killer, that we a black void in himself could not be heard by words, it was not another personality, not another being in him, it was a part of him that was dead inside and hollow. Like a part of him had died and become a demon, but it stayed with him. It could not communicate with words or noises, Instead Itzal saw it in his mind, like he was reading body laungage, he just knew what the message was, he could feel it.

Itzal sighed as he realized he need to answer her. "I just came here by accident, I was wandering, heading north. I will not sugar coat my journey and life for you, you ask how I found Inferni, now I will tell you." His voice was hollow, without emtion or feeling, it was like he was not alive, but dead, and his soul still wandered, whispering his story in the wind. " My father was a purebred wolf. His pack believed only purebred wolves were worth to live, and they were the only ones worth of being luperci and that it was only reserved for the alpha alone to be a luperci, the others were forced to live as normal wolves. My father was beta, and my uncle alpha. But my father feel in love with a luperci coyote, a purebred coyote, who would shift. They loved each other, and they had puppies. But they did it in secret, if the pack knew, the puppies would have been killed. Of course I was on of the puppies. After about half a year, a liitle before it actually, my uncle found out. My father and mother knew he was coming, and started to hide us in the pack. I was the first they hid, since at such a young age, I could pass as a purebred wolf. But before they could hide the others, my uncle found them and murdered my mother, she died protecting my siblings. My father was then banished. I was just a random wolf that had showed up, only about half a year old. No one knew I had been related to the other puppies. I lived with them a weak. They beat me, abused me, scarred me, anything to try and break me into submission of living their way. But I never gave in, I fought back as best I could. After a week, I ran, leaving the pack. I found my father. He barely had any strength left to go on after losing his mate and most of his puppies. He only survived long enough to teach me to hunt and survive. After that I lived on my own. I learned to track, hunt, I became good at stealth, learning to use it. I learned to fight, when I ran in to other wild canines, I fought and killed them. I learned to do it without hesitation. And so I became a killer, a ruthless, cold killer when I had to be. I kept heading north. And here I will leave out parts that i remember but never wish to think about. But basically I headed north until I arrived here, in Nova Scotia. I decided I needed a pack to settles into, and joined Inferni. So there, you have most of it, though not in great detail, it will have to do." Never once while he was talking did his voice change, adn when he was done, he looked at her and stared into her eyes. Letting her see the pain and suffering he had went to. He showed her the coldness in his eyes and soul. And then he smiled at her, trying to show her that he still had some warmth in him, even if it was a weak smile. Then he turned back around and walked on. "I can not say it was a happy life, but I can not change what is done. I am what I am, I'm just working on living with it now." He hoped now she would understand his distant attitude, and his untrusting nature.

<style>
.itzal-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-d04 b {color:#7DA4DE; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.itzal-d04 {background-color:#1E365A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#070F1A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread