Border Patrol
[html]
Word Count- 571

Her eyes slowly studied on the other side of the border as her ears shifted slightly on the top of her head reacting to the slightest noise. The other side of the border, however, seemed clear of any sign of trespassers. The only sign of any creature on the other side of the border was the occasional rabbit or bird track. Speaking of rabbits she was getting kinda hungry. The last time she ate was yesterday afternoon, but even then it was only a small rabbit that looked like, if she hadn't of ate it, it would have starved in a few days. Would that mean she did it a favor, killing it quickly instead of letting it starve slowly. She would like to think that since she had taken the poor creatures life to substane hers. If you looked at it a certain way all creatures that ate other creatures were selfish. They killed others to keep them self alive killing countless animals in there life time just to keep there life. That, however, was just the way they were made.

She listened quietly to his life story. His life was brutal and full of death and dispair. How could someone kill pups because they were different? Maybe her father was right and wolves were nothing, but cold hearted killers. It was hard to make herself beleive that, though. She knew a few wolves and none of them were cold hearted killers. They were all kind to her atleast. If all wolves were cold hearted killers wouldn't that make the wolf beside her a cold hearted killer too, since he seemed mostly wolf? She shook that thought off. She was sure that Itzal was here to start a new beganing and get away from the past, so she shouldn't be judgeing him for it. She wouldn't want someone judgeing her if she had a past like his. She would rather forget about it and move on, so she left it at that. She didn't comment or talk down to him. She just kept looking forward and walking as she studied the land around her. The trees were bare and snow completely covered the ground. If one was to say which stage of life the year was at it would be either dieing of dead. Soon, however, spring would be born out of winter and the trees would bloom and flowers would grow. Spring was her fovorite time of year with winter being her least favorite.

She then noticed that she had yet to anwser his question and began with her short less interesting life. "I was born here and grew up here, but when I was still young I left. I traveled to the old Inferni territory, which still held the scars of the fire meet up with a group of travelers and stayed with them for about a month before making my way back here. When I got back here we were in the middle of a war and that truly scared me. I left again hooked up with the same group of travelers and traveled around with them they introduced me with some of there friends and taught me how to navigate the land. After a year I got homesick, so I came back and here I am." Her Life wasn't any where close to as exiciting or interesting as his, but what could she say it was her past.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread