At the Violet Hour
[html]

No smacking self! D< you are fine.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She was lost in the loveliness of the meadow. The fragrance, the colors, the pretty wolfess standing somewhere nearby, the relaxation, the blue sky; it turned the teen's brain into a cluster of butterflies ... Scattered all over the place. Flowers were rare in the desert, but in the valley she'd seen a few before they died in the cold. Nothing like this. The shy girl had an urge to shift into her two-leg form and pick as many blooms as she could carry, like talismans against winter's cold and bleakness. As Bindu examined a bright yellow flower, an alarming thought crossed her mind. She'd forgotten what beauty was.

The young wolfdog heard Skye scold her horse, her voice a ringing bell over the meadow. Her head turned to watch the horse; the gray beast shook its head at her. Her form flinched away in response, a tiny brown dot among the flowers. The thought of beauty slipped away, replaced by fear of Jack. Deep pools of black turned to the cream-coated wolfess, who offered a grin. Wasn't she afraid, Bindu thought, of the powerful creature parked only a few meters away? Of the hooves that could crush and maim? Skye must be fearless to try and tame it- fearless, or insane.

"So you come from the desert?" the lady asked politely. It took Bindu a few seconds to realize that she was being addressed, not the horse. Her head nodded; the red bandana crinkled underneath her chin. "That's interesting; I didn't know there were any deserts around here." A firm shake of the head, eyes blinking in painful remembrance. "There aren't. I traveled here." The teen frowned, her eyes clouding over a little. "Took a while," she grunted. Yes, the journey had taken a while and cost a heavy price. Bindu did not go into further detail.

For a moment the girl felt silly, as if her head was split open and exposed to the world. She piped up, "Do you know what these flowers are called? I'm not very familiar with them ..." As in most cases, the wolfdog's curiosity grew the more she thought about the flowers, her mind seeking a diversion. Skye might not know the names of the blooms if she'd just found the meadow today, but maybe they were common in this area.

<style type="text/css">
.bindu b {font-weight:bold; color:#534F45; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bindu i {font-style:italic; color:#534F45;}
.bindu .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.bindu p {text-indent:15px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bindu {margin:0 auto; width:449px; background-color:#ADA492; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/1e6rh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #534F45; padding: 10px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#FFF8CB; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread