another map of your head
[html]

Xeris noticed that Pripyat seemed to have changed in more ways than one. He was becoming less of the shy boy that she had known him as; he seemed to be so happy. Whereas his parents were either usually quiet and solemn, in Geneva's case, or harsh and stiff in Jefferson's, little Pripyat--no, he was not little any more--seemed so full of life and happiness. And for that, Xeris was happy.

And it seemed that he had been well, too, and that was good. But he asked her how she had been, and she faltered for a moment. Perhaps the boy had noticed the new scars on the white wolfess' body, or realized that she had been actually gone from the land for a time. She didn't want to put thoughts of the horrors she had experienced into Pripyat's head, but she didn't want to lie to him, either. After a short moment of hesitation, she gave him a reply that was somewhere in between. "I have been...very preoccupied. I left for a while, and there has been some...trouble in my family, but now...now I am all right, mostly. Better, anyway." She paused again, attempting to think of something else for them to talk about aside from her traumatic events. "You've grown quite a bit since we last spoke. Has anything exciting happened here since then?" If Pripyat was still the curious boy she remembered, Xeris knew that he might try to pry further for more information from her, but she figured that it was worth a try to change the subject anyway.

<style>
.xeri-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.xeri-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.xeri-z29 b {color:#F5BCB2; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.xeri-z29 {background-color:#8D726D; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/xeris.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#211918; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:175px 0px 10px 0px; }
.xeri-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread