Let it creep in.
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

Whoo.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

Had Adrastos been doing what he thought best for her? Perhaps. Maybe part of him anyway. Perhaps he had really felt that he was unable to care for her. Maybe he felt bad for shielding her from sorrowing and when he himself had become overcome with grief decided to thrust his last living child into the heart of a land that was brimming with misfortune. Yet Cercelee wasn’t sure she could grant Adrastos that sort of pardon. The memory, although rarely dug up, was still vivid. His words had stung so very badly at that time and as the child she had been, there was no other way to understand them but for the literal meaning they held. I hate her Laruku. I don’t want her. Older now, she knew that he probably had been speaking more out of his sorrow than out of his true feelings for her, and while he could have left her for dead, he had at least the decency to dump her on Laruku’s doorstep. Still, his actions had mostly been for his own benefit, not hers.

Cercelee did not say this however. What was the point? It was over, like so many other foul tastes she had sampled, the memory only made her sick if she fought to remember. Once she willingly let go her palate was cleansed and she was free to enjoy the sweetness once again. Why cling to the past? Why fight for family that doesn’t even care whether you’re alive or dead? There are enough of... us.. What difference does one more body make to any of them? It’s of no use to me, so I just won’t bother. Cercelee didn’t want to, so she simply didn’t. Rarely did she ever do anything she didn’t want to, it just didn’t seem like a viable option.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread