Running thoughts
[html]

SSWM: 436

With pride Nayru watched as Liliana discovered the strangeness of Nayru's living situation. The spotted lady could see the wonder in the other woman's face as she contemplated the living plants, plants that should have been long dead so far into the winter season. A smiled answered Liliana's exclamation of Nayru's luck. Perhaps it had been luck, or chance, that Gideon had discovered this garden and no one else had laid claim to the structures inside, yet much hard work had been put into fixing the glass panes, finding the plants, caring for them daily. It was more than luck, but as in all aspects of life luck had indeed played a key role. Nothing could happen if the opportunity for such events did not present themselves. Nayru was indeed very lucky that she had gotten this opportunity.

“Ah well, it's the glass that keeps it so hot in here.” Nayru looked up at the glass ceiling, noting that the winter's summer wouldn't be out too much longer, but long enough for Liliana to gaze up and understand the concept of Nayru's heat source. Lifting her hands she indicated to the glass above and the sunlight that shone through and fell on the faces of the two friends, “The sun shines in and gets trapped in here. I'm not sure how it works exactly but I had to replace some of the glass. Before it did the cold got in and the heat got out.” Nayru had no trouble admitting her ignorance in why the glass kept the room so warm, but she explained the science the best she could.

Nayru smiled as Liliana spoke about the plants and without explained Nayru moved over to her self-constructed dog house and pulled out the book. Bringing it over to Liliana she flipped it open to a page already read over several times. Pointing at the page and then at a plant she smiled, the picture of the book matching that of the plants Nayru indicated. “This one is hemlock, it's very poisonous.” Nayru handed the book over to Liliana, indicating that several pages had been bookmarked. “I don't know all the plants, but I am learning them. I brought them all in from outside, but some of them have died off because I wasn't sure how to care for them properly. There is a well in the garden I can draw water from and I drowned some plants and dried up others.” Nayru laughed at her own horticultural failure. There were more plants, and it was just a hobby, to lose some hadn't bother Nayru a bit.

<style type="text/css">
.Nayru-icecherry b {font-weight:bold; color:#151C18; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Nayru-icecherry .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nayru-icecherry p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nayru-icecherry {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cherry.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#620000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Nayru-icecherry {width:450px; border:2px solid #620000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread