To stand upon a riverbank
[html]

SoSuWriMo 434

Almost immediately Savina had come to the conclusion that this was a hurt of the emotional sort and not the physical sort. There were no visible injuries or scars upon her daughter's body. The mother knew well though that the wounds that left no mark were the ones that often hurt the most. In her four years she had suffered many heartaches and betrayals and losses. What was it that had cut her cheery girl so deep? Who or what had hurt her so that salty tears sprung so easily to her eyes? As the worlds spilled from her mouth though it became quite clear. It was her heart that had been hurt. She had been scorned by a man that she had loved. It felt as if a hand squeezed the heart inside her own breast. Had she somehow done this? By giving her the name of her slighted grandmother had she called up bad spirits upon her daughter? No, that was foolishness. It was the cold hearted action of a man, nothing more.

Amata fell to her knees and pale arms wrapped about the Italian woman's dark neck. Curse that damn cut on her leg! She wanted to shift forms so she could hold her sweet girl as every fiber in her being was urging her to do. All she could do though was to lean into the embrace. Tears began to prick at the corners of her own emerald eyes, but she held them back as best she could. It hurt so much to see her child this way. "Oh, my poor sweet girl..." The words were inadequate, but they were all Savina could conjure at that moment. Perhaps she should have seen this coming, but she had not and now she had to scramble to find the best way to help Amata through her pain.

The apology surprised her, and quickly she dismissed the notion that Amata should need to be sorry for anything. "Why are you sorry? This is not your fault," she comforted. She knew so little of what had happened, but she was certain that it the fault did not lie with the creamy Sadira femme. "Love can be as cruel as it is kind..." Two sides of the same coin. Swallowing and thinking for another moment, the woman finally began, "Did I ever tell you about my mother and my...my father?" Father was not a word she ever used to describe the man that had sired her and her siblings, but she did not wish to use harsh words in front of Amata right now.

<style type="text/css">
.savistatue b {font-weight:bold; color:#012153; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #010F39; }
.savistatue-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.savistatue p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.savistatue {margin:0 auto; width:467px; background-color:#005B8F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... statue.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000413; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#003967; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread