At the Violet Hour
[html]<style type="text/css">
.skyecollins b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e30; letter-spacing:1px; }
.skyeooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8D5122;}
.skyecollins p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.skyecollins {width:400px;border:1px solid #1f150d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... w/skye.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:235px;background-color:#4e3521;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#1f150d;}
</style>

-does not smack self- Big Grin wc: 317

So Bindu had traveled here - all the way from a desert! The girl frowned a bit, and Skye deducted that maybe it had been hard for the girl to journey that far, and bringing it up brought bad memories. Skye wished a little bit that she hadn't said that, and watched as wide eyes turned back to Jack. She could tell why she was afraid of him - even if it weren't for his boisterous streak, he was a powerful creature, strong and capable of damage. He was beautiful, too, with his white and gray pelt adorned by many black spots on his body. If she hadn't seen a horse before, she'd be terrified - he had been well-trained by Liliana, though, and even though he let Skye fall sometimes and didn't slow down when he was supposed to, he never harmed her.

"I got him from Liliana of AniWaya," she explained, her hand on Jack's neck, "in exchange for reading lessons. She trained him well, and he doesn't hurt anyone. I'm trying to learn to ride him, though, so I can visit my parents in the Halcyon mountains of the north." It was too far to walk, in any case, and Skye would surely be gone for days if she tried to go the far distance on only her feet. Her attention was brought to the flowers, though, and Skye frowned as she looked at them, trying to remember.

"Uh... well... I'm think they're... maybe... um... let's see, they look like... uh... well, they're pretty," she said, shrugging and grinning at the girl once more. She'd find out what they were called later - maybe Sky would know, or perhaps Valinta. "I'll be see if the library has any books on them," she said, bending down to look at the flowers eye to eye. It was true - books had many illustrations, even if some grangerized them for it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread