Border Patrol
[html]

Itzal was a pretty good hunter. Having been hunting without a packs help since about six months, he was ok. He could not use the tatics packs used, because he was alone. So he had adapted, so he had learned to hunt by himself. He was good at it, but not anything he could honestly say would stun others. The only thing he could think of that made him any better, was he could hunt in winter, when prey was scarce, and still find something. His prey usually did not detect him, or if they did, he would throw his knife, and would hit his target about eight times out of ten. So he wondered how this coyote hunted. He himself used sneaking tatics. Tracking when he found a scent or paw prints, and making sure he was silent, moving so the wind was in his favor if he could, and then attacking without giving a warning. He enjoyed it, knowing at any second he could kill them. And sometimes, when he would chase them, which he himself did not mind at all, he loved the thrill of it. He loved trying to run faster then his prey, he loved seeing how long it could elude him. It was a challenge for him, a challenge he loved to meet. He loved to push himself, to see how much past his limits he could go. He was surprised he had not killed himself doing it yet. Not just in hunting, but in everything, he would push himself to the point it could have been enough to kill him. But he never stopped. He couldn't improve if he did not push himself and take risks. Risks were worth taking to him, since if he did pay for them, then he could not change that, and there was not much damage he could take other then physical, which he would eventually recover from, maybe with a few scars, nothing more. And if he died, then he died. That was the end of it, and of him, so there was really nothing he could do about that either. And if he succeded, then he did, he grew stronger, he had pushed himself, and he had surpassed the challenge. So taking risks wasn't a problem for him, though he did not run out and do stupid things. He did not mean risks like that, he was not stupid enough to do something that would defintly end up getting him killed. Like running onto a pack's territory without permission. That would be stupid, and rude, though he could care less about rudeness. He was only nice if he wanted to be, and if he was trespassing, which he usually wouldn't, but if he was, he probably would not care about being nice and respectful. He did not care about being respectful under normal circumstances, so why would he when he was purposely ticking people off. He smiled to himself as he thought about all this. He was so strange. But he did not care. Itzal knew that he is who he is, and doesn't care what others say or thought about him.

Itzal was hungry alright. His stomach was grumbling some, and he sighed. He would have to change to lupus, which he would not mind doing. It was a pretty fast change, taking maybe a minute or so. But he was only one year old, and he had seen some of the older ones do it faster, so he figured fast changing came with age. He looked around looking for any tracks, scenting the air to see if he could pick anything up. He could not, but he knew that when he really got to looking he would probably find something. He was good at finding it, though he would not call himself an expert tracker, or anything like that, just lucky maybe. He had always gotten something, unless he wasn't really trying. He sometimes failed at tracking cause he never really tried, but he was going to try this time, cause he was hungry, and if Valkyrie was hungry, and he did not want to mess this up and end up leaving them both hungry. So he figured he would really try this time. He yawned softly, and then looked at Valkyrie "No, I don't have any preferences. I mostly just hunt whatever I can find. And I'm usually alone, so whatever you want to hunt is up to you. And put up with me if I'm a tiny bit short and not that good at coordinaitng with you, like I said, I am use to hunting alone and with my own habits." He spoke without emtion again, he was not a very forth coming person with his emotions, and Valkyrie probably did not care about them anyways. So why should he burden her with words of emotion or feelings. It was just he way he was sometimes. He wondered what Valkyrie's preferences were. If she had any, which she might since she had asked him if he did. He would honestly hunt just about anything he could on his own. He was happy as the end of this section of the border came into view. They could get ready to go hunting now, but first he had to shift. He figured he might as well do that now and stopped walking. He stretched out first then shifted. Feeling his body compact and become smaller, as his legs and muscles shorted and become thinner, not as muscled, his head shifting back to its regular shape. His tail shortened and he finished up changing. It had taken about a minute or two. He shook himself, and then stretched out again. He always felt weird after shifting. But he just looked around and shook his head again. He wondered where to go to hunt. "You ready? We are done patrolling. And we should be able to find something somewhere around here." Itzal wondered if he could catch something for himself and she catch something for herslf, but he figured he might as well try and work on hunting with others, since he was part of a pack now, and sooner or later would have to hunt with them. So he just looked around again and then looked at her to see what she wanted to do.

<style>
.itzal-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-d04 b {color:#7DA4DE; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.itzal-d04 {background-color:#1E365A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#070F1A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread