To stand upon a riverbank
[html]

SoSuWriMo 639

While outwardly she was there completely for her daughter, transmitting nothing but sympathy, inside there was a small fire of anger that had flared up in the woman's chest. Savina had always had issues with men, thank to the poor example her father had set for her. To know that her daughter had come across someone like Serge that had used her just as shamefully, it angered the mother deeply. Part of her wanted to draw out some more information about this man from her daughter so she could track him down, then a broken leg from a fall would be the least of the bastard's concerns. That was the protector in her, but right now that would not help anything. Right now, she needed to be here for Amata and to do her best to make her feel better.

The creamy Sadira sat back a little, rubbing the tears that still rose to her mismatched eyes. It broke Savina's heart to see any child of hers in tears, but it seemed all the worse seeing the cheerful girl this way. It didn't surprise her that Amata didn't know the story about her grandparents, it was not one that she had never really intended to share with her children. Seeing the situation that her daughter had been in though, now seemed an appropriate time to share that painful bit of the family history. "Your grandmother was a beautiful wolfess and she had become enamored with one of the higher ranked males of the pack, his name was Serge Russo." It was difficult task to pronounce the name without distaste, and she was certain some of that flavor had come through her words.

"You see, my birth pack was very different from Crimson Dreams. In Monti Sabini, the higher ranked wolves mated with the higher ranked wolves and the lower ranked with the lower ranked. Your grandmother was technically "below" Serge's status, but she was intriguing, and he decided to go along with her infatuation. They began to spend a lot of time together and your grandmother was quickly head-over-heels for him. After a week or so, they spent a night together...and that's how your aunt, uncle, and I were conceived." It felt a little weird, telling her daughter this, but she continued, for this was the crucial part. "When she found out she was pregnant, she went to tell Serge. You see, it wasn't proper for a female to have pups outside of mateship in the pack. She wasn't worried though, convinced that Serge would ask her to be his mate immediately upon hearing the news. He didn't though..."

"The truth was, he had never intended to stay with your grandmother. It was all just fun and games to him, and when she told him she was pregnant he distanced himself from her as much as he could. I didn't even know he was my father until I was older and we all started questioning why we didn't have a dad." She would never forget the look in her mother's eyes when she had told them the truth, all the pain hidden there. "Unfortunately caro, there are a lot of men like him in the world. They'll use your feelings to get what they want and then they're gone. I'm so sorry that this loner was one of those males." Savina leaned forward, nuzzling her daughter's arm. "You just have to remember that there are good men out there too, like your father. I never thought I would be able to trust a male after I learned the truth about Serge, but your dad taught me that there are good men in the world. I know you'll find your own someday." It would be little solace now, but hopefully her words did help, if only a small amount.

<style type="text/css">
.savistatue b {font-weight:bold; color:#012153; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #010F39; }
.savistatue-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.savistatue p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.savistatue {margin:0 auto; width:467px; background-color:#005B8F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... statue.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000413; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#003967; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread