Running thoughts
[html]

SSWM: 572

Liliana spoke and Nayru nodded, knowing that some of the plants she had did have medicinal properties. Nayru didn’t have a clue about how she might utilize them, nor did she care to. The woman was far too busy scouting, hunting, training. It seemed that was all she did and keeping the poor plants alive was actually low on her list of priorities. Perhaps if she could only grow them someone else in the pack would wish to use them, could come gather them and make their existence useful for Dahlia de Mai. That would have been ideal, but as it was so few wolves even knew of her greenhouse, the plants merely kept her company in the late evenings and early mornings when Nayru was up and awake and alone in her home.

“Well, it’s just as hard as anything else. After a while taking care of them just became habit. Sometimes I slack though, when I don’t find enough time. I forget to water them or pull the dead leaves.” Rose colored eyes went from plant to plant, feeling a little sorry for her less than perfect care of them and a little guilty for still admitting it out loud. “They are hardy though, well at least the ones that have made it this far.” Nayru laughed again and snapped the book shut, placing it one of the rickety tables holding up an assortment of potted plants. Perhaps the greatest benefit of the greenhouse, aside from the consistent warmth, was the air. It was always so fresh and clean. Never musty as some of the dank and damp houses of Wolfville or Berwick could be.

“Oh, come! I have something else I want to show you.” Her eyes danced merrily as she moved over to the wooden dog house, built from scraps of tables and whatever else had been lying about when she discovered the greenhouse. The inside was lined with hay and the outside had been sanded smooth. It looked world better than when Nayru had first built it, but as the two woman came upon it Nayru crouched low, running her fingers lightly over the figures she had painstakingly carved into one side of the structure and about the opening. The idea had been born from her memories of the Aniwaya tree and Nayru wondered if Liliana would recognize that.

Yet the idea was not the same, not exactly. The Aniwaya tree had spirit guides and they were burned out when the members passed on. Nayru’s house was covered with faces of wolves, the ones she knew well. Gideon’s had been the first and easiest to carve, she knew the details of his features far better than she knew anyone else’s. The figures of Bris and Conor were close to one another and the most recent carving, much smaller than the others barely resembled little Eclipse at all, but Nayru planned on adding to it as the girl grew and developed. Liliana’s own likeliness was on there too, along with Aro and a strange figure that Nayru believed was Razekiel, though she hadn’t planned on carving the coyote man into her home. Saluce pouted from the further corner and there were others, their faces unrecognizable yet but Nayru knew that soon enough these pictures would have life too. “I’ve been working on these for a while now. They aren’t very good I’m afraid, but they are getting better.”

<style type="text/css">
.Nayru-icecherry b {font-weight:bold; color:#151C18; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Nayru-icecherry .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nayru-icecherry p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nayru-icecherry {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... cherry.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#620000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
.Nayru-icecherry {width:450px; border:2px solid #620000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread