Alpha Negative
[html]<style type="text/css">
#nani01b { width: 400px; background: #fff url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/naniko01.jpg') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 350px; padding-bottom: 15px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #000; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#nani01b p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#nani01b .ooc { color: #acacac; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#nani01b b { color: #b88810; }
</style>

wc: 641

”I formed Anathema because I wanted somewhere to belong.” Naniko found herself telling her, ” I had never traveled beyond what you can see from the top of Halcyon in my entire life until a few months ago, when I left to seek out the rest of my estranged family. That was enough to make me want to come running back..” She chuckled. Not just her family, but that she had missed the familiarity of the lands that she knew. She wasn’t welcomed in a portion of it, but she would just pretend that Crimson Dreams didn’t exist. ”Anathema has a few rituals and many of our members are religious or spiritual. We believe in ancient forms of magic, some of us…in certain objects that can protect us from harm or help us.” She held onto her gris-gris for a moment.

”But overall, I feel we run as normally as any other pack. We accept newcomers, hold pack gatherings, visit one another.” The news of Dahlia had made her ears perk in interest. So the alpha of their pack had just had a child? Interesting. Perhaps with her gift she would include something for the pup. The symbol of the Ahnk was important to her, and she had a smaller necklace that held that symbol. It would hopefully give the whelp luck. She considered it a symbol of life and balance. ”I’ll have a gift for the little one, then, as well.”

Naniko was glad to hear that her son had been polite to this female. She practically demanded that of Scorpius; she had failed somewhat with her first two litters, she felt, and sought to make this one pup count. He would stick around, hopefully, where other pups had run off and left. ”Good to hear, about Harlowe. He was always a quiet boy…I missed a part of his puppyhood, and I’m glad to have him back now.” He wasn’t the same as her dear little Scorpius, but she loved him as much as she adored her small black boy.

She led Nayru around the borders, sniffing here and there as they went. She turned from the borders gradually, sniffing a little less as they walked deeper into the Anathema wolves’ territory. Naniko slowed as they reached the two main entrances to their cave-like home, hesitating. As long as Nayru was with her then she would be safe…but she had better hope that her pack and Dahlia did end up getting along. The black and white female would know the front entrance to her pack’s home.

”Well, this is it. Home sweet home.” She padded through the entrance to the caves. The ceiling swooped upward as she entered the main common room. Her den was off to the left and she went for that, walking slowly and speaking at the same time. ”This is the main meeting room…it could use some decoration, huh.” Their home was rather sparse, now. She wished that they had a few artists to liven the cave walls up with paintings or something. ”And this is what I was looking for.” She had poked her head into her den and found the necklaces, both bound up together inside of a cloth bag.

The alabaster luperci undid the string on the bag, pouring the two necklaces into her hand. One was much smaller; it was almost as if she had designed it with a child in mind. She turned to show them to Nayru, the fire in the middle of the common room and fire from her own den casting light upon the bone necklaces. The one for Eclipse was smaller and simpler, with less parts on it. She hoped that the alpha would explain the importance of not swallowing those smaller parts to the puppy…or wait until it was old enough to give it to it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread